In a difficult situation right now

R

Rammy

So i started a new job recently in a large store that has only been open to the public for a week now (but i was in filling the store the week before it opened)

today i had my evaluation session with a therapist and it really look a lot out of me, i cried twice because withdrawn and easily irritable while on the bus journey back home and even now I cant seem to get my mind to quieten down and let me sleep. I've been going between mindsets of I need to work tomorrow I cant handle the guilt of not going. My mother will probably understand but wont be very happy with me and my Step-Father will probably openly mock me about not having the will to go. But im seriously struggling to come to a conclusion on what to do. While doing my induction stuff for work it was made very clear that the employers dont mind if we go sick so long as we have a good reason and make every effort to come back to work as long as were able and I know i will be able to go in and work well on Sunday. I'm pretty sure that I have the correct contact details for calling in sick and even if that fails I do have my managers email address to use as a last resort. My manager knows that i have mental health issues (though not in detail) and is aware that i am trying to get into therapy. Would I be more likely to be sacked for taking this day off even though im in a part time contract and plan to give as much notice as possible?

H

Helen1960

Hi Rammy

Did you take the day off? If so I hope it was accepted ok.

It can be very hatd maintaining a job when we have mental health ptoblems.

Take care
Helen x

R

rigglandhudd

I would take a personal day when needed to advoid quitting all together

R

Rammy

I did end up taking the day off, which is something i definitely needed, but the response from my mother wasnt the greatest. In her rant to scold me she actually said I shouldnt go the therapy if it means i cant do my job fully. Which i think i've been able to delude myself in to thinking that she just said that out of frustration most of the time, but when she initially said it it really hurt. The fact that she put money (i give most of my earnings to her as rent, which i dont have an issue with) comes before my long term health, especially considering shes known I've tried to take my life a few times in the past.

But its done now, all i can do is continue to try my best and plan better when i have future appointments so i'm not put in this position again

thank you you both for the kindness

H

Helen1960

It seems to me you are being wise taking a day off to look after your health.

It's important to look after yourself.

Take care
Helen x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Anxiety Forum 4
T Anxiety Forum 1