• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Impulsivity

megirl

megirl

I currently dont feel agitated but kind of having an opinion of something and i wont back off. I know i am talking to myself a lot, driving fast. I have gone and spent a lot of money on bloody clothes i dont need grr..
My support worker seems to 'normalise' everything should i tell him this stuff as doesnt seem worth it?
I also know I am doing these things but the spending is very frustrating as I REALLY need to save some money, towards something like a trip away or a new car (second hand new car)
My goal is to save 200 dollars a fortnight thats my new years resolution its almost march and i seem to be not getting anywhere.
I get paid next week so fingers crossed i can start then
Would be great if i can

heres hoping

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Your support worker doesn't sound very supportive. :rolleyes:
It can be frustrating to feel like you're not really being heard, and whilst he might think he's doing the right thing by "normalising" things, it's probably better for you that he validates your concerns and takes them on board.
Do you think you could say to him that you don't find his approach helpful? I know it's really difficult, but he is supposed to be there to help you after all.

Good luck with saving money - it's not easy even without the tendency to spend impulsively.
Just an idea, but you could always put the purchases you regret on eBay. You might not get the full amount that you paid, but it might help you get some money back to save.

megirl

megirl

Yes I have thought of this selling some stuff on trade-me
I really would like to get myself a new small second-hand car. My cars fine and its replacement value would be quite a lot, although i wouldnt get much for it,
I managed to go to the supermarket without buying wine. However i feel like crying cos its a struggle at the moment.
I did well.
Will see support worker tomorrow and let him know where i am and i get frustrated with him normalising things,
may as well. Then he will see the 'me' who is struggling a bit atm. It will pass.
I have always food wise been a bit like well buying lots of 'specials' and cupboards being very well stocked up. Maybe I should go a bit easy on that also may help save some money also