• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Impossible to cope in this place!!!

Angels

Angels

I HATE school!!! i cant stand it!!! Ive never been in a place that Scares me more than anything in my life.
With everything thats going on... its just horrible!!
i spend most of my day, most of my life in school. I hate the people in it. they are judgemental .. they label me. im quiet i dont talk. im in my own world most of the time.
my meds that im taking at the moment make me feel really ill. im not sleeping. i cant focus, im really scared at school. i dread it.
im only in year 10 at the moment so i have too many years stuck in this place.
:cry:

C

coraline1664

Hey, I know how you feel. It was a living hell for me too. I was quiet there too, and disliked most people there. People at school can be so stupid, it's never your fault. You don't have to prove anything to them. You don't have many more years, if you're going to a sixth form at the school three more, if you're leaving there at sixteen, one more am I right? If your meds are part of the reason you are losing your focus and are making you feel ill maybe you could get them changed? And wff's right you need a passion to get you through whether it's out of school or a subject you particularly like there.
Stay true to yourself and try not to let immature attitudes and comments get you down. You have enough to deal with without idiots on the side. :)

Best of luck

Liz xx

Angels

Angels

I really have tried. i want to go off at collage at 16 to study in forensic science and go to university, but i just cant find anything im good at. nothing inspires me! :(

BORTU

BORTU

Hi there,

Like coraline I had it tough at school. I lived in my own world and I got bullied. Don't let it get to you. One day you will find something that you want to do. You are obviously intelligent so you will make a success of things.

Can you talk to your parents? A different school might help.

L

Lil

Sorry I don't have any helpful suggestions at the moment but wanted to wish you luck anyway. I think the others that have posted here have covered anything i could think of. Forensic science sounds like a very interesting path, I agree with Bortu, you are clearly intelligent so I have no doubt you will have no trouble in doing the course when you are feeling a bit more inspired. Once you get through school are you able to do your studies off campus? Here we have Open Universities where you can do TAFE and UNI courses in your own time at home and at your own pace. You also choose the order you want to do the subjects in (for the most part). You have access to the uni library if you need but you don't have to sit in classes all day.

Angels

Angels

that sounds like a pretty nice place ^^

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

You will find life gets better as you grow into yourself and gain confidence do not think because you dont fit in at school its all a matter of believing in you.

R

roymiller

Yes, There is a common misconception that alternative schools for troubled teens are places of those that have behavioral problems. There are likely to be many such students but that isn’t the only scenario. Students that have emotional problems may find it impossible to cope in a traditional classroom setting. Therefore an alternative school is a better option for them to learn in.