Immense anger and immense hurt

Z

ziedite

Hi all. As the title says I feel both and I cannot manage them well. I’m sorry I cannot write more at this time but I’m in a bad place right now.

Z

ziedite

I feel rage and anger and I lash out at the people I love. And then I burst into tears because I hurt so much inside. Both emotions are going on at the same time. I just want to eliminate both feelings because they both are too toxic for me to handle.

P

Putford

Have you been to see your doctor?
I had similar episodes, mainly towards my wife who I love more than anyone - only reason I get annoyed with her is because she's so close to me all the time. When it happens I get a sense of confusion, anger, feel worthless etc. Then I feel terrible about it all afterwards.
The doc put me on medication and it's got much better since.
Please go and speak to somebody

Z

ziedite

Doctors can't help me through this... its not an antidepressant or therapy sort of fix. Its a fundamental belief that there really is no hope or faith that my life could be better and I could be happier. The cause is deep routed... childhood trauma and emotional neglect...but I've never regained hope. I've done the meds approach, but its not a chemical thing, its a hard wired mind thing.

I try to distract myself when I feel the rage or pain come on... but it often doesn't work. My mind tends to ruminate a lot and I try very hard to "fix" my head by thinking. As you can imagine it doesn't work.

I wish there was a magical control-alt-delete command I could do on my brain and just reset it to the default level and not the level it is currently at. But short of a frontal lobotomy, no one has found a way. So I continue to struggle on. :(

Z

ziedite

I still feel the same as before. I really wonder if anyone here in the forum gets this. I'd like to hear some similar stuff if possible. otherwise I just struggle on. :(

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Really sorry to hear your struggling, have you ever tried any types of therapy?
We care on the forum, hope we can help you.
Take care

Z

ziedite

I've had CBT and psycho analitycial therapy.. but I just really need someone to say "I get it...I've been there too"