• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Imaginary friend

M

mat70x

Hi

My best friend has just died, he killed himself because of money. Recently I have been talking to someone. I soend a lot of time on my own and my friend who died was my only friend so I feel a little bit lonley.
The qiestion is, am I lonley or is there something wrong with me?

J

jamesdean

I dont know the answer but I will tell you I'm always talking to people but if you seen me you know thats there is no here,but I'm not calling this thing m h anymore but mental wealth.

M

mat70x

So what I'm feeling is normal?

J

jamesdean

I dontknow mat you should speak to your gp really in the firstinstance but :welcome: its good tomeet you take care JD

A

Ainsworth

So what I'm feeling is normal?
imo, i think you may well be because of the grief you are going through and is a comfort to you

i have voices because of other issues which are MH.

JD is right though, go speak to your doctor you may need some type of counselling to help you through it.

sorry about your friend :hug:

if you feel lonely stay on here and chat to us :)

M

mat70x

I have an appointment on the 20th October to see my counsileer, I'm hoping that if I tell him he maybe can explane what I;m feeling!!

J

jamesdean

yeah n keep posting we can be supportive take care JD

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
My best friend killled himself 10 years ago and I still find myself talking to him sometimes. Just after he died I spoke to him all the time so I don't know if its normal or abnormal but I think its something a lot of people do. Hope you get on ok at the docs.

Wendy

Wendy

Hi there,so sorry to hear you've lost your friend,sounds as though you are going through a griveing process,can't be easy especially as you're by yourself.
I think it's a good idea that youre going to speak to counceller.
Good luck and keep in touch .
Ps,have you thought about contacting mind or saneline 08457678000 If you need a chat person to person.
Wendy x

W

womanowar

imaginery friend

yes, iv always spoke to imaginary people every since i was little. i know theres nobody there. they seldom reply with an answer. i used to have sid, then tom. no i have another dude. not sure what hes called yet. but we get on well.
((hugs))

W

womanowar

yeah. my sister committed suicide when i was 16 and i got deeply into spirituality. i always believed my imaginary friends were like guardian angels.

A

Apotheosis

yeah. my sister committed suicide when i was 16 and i got deeply into spirituality. i always believed my imaginary friends were like guardian angels.
Why not. I think that there is sometimes truth in such things.

M

mizunderstood

Maybe you're right. We just can't prove it. I attemted to find my more spiritual side but it was a bit to full on for me and I was threatened by the unknown, so eventually it drove me mad to the point of believing I was possessed by spirits and that the people in the spiritualist church were all mind readers. It made me very paranoid and edgy thinking there may be spirit world/spirits around us. So, even though there are positives concerning spirituality and mental health issues, if you are new to it and your mind is not stable enough it can easily be transformed into a basis for common delusions. I read a lot of Paulo Coelho (he's my fav auth) but found that the "Manual of the Warrior of Light" really screwed with my head. I found myself starting to link absolutely everything back to passages from the book and found the lines of the book were repeating over and over in my mind, like I was being brainwashed by it. I was not happy as he is my fav author but I knew I couldn't handle reading it, as it planted things and ideas in my mind that overwhelmed me. I am quite spiritual but because I have limited knowledge of spirituality I feel somehwhat intimidated by it and the idea of a spirit world where dead people can see us etc. Double edge sword I think! :unsure:

A

Apotheosis

mizunderstood - I think that balance & grounding are very important.

We are physical beings for a reason, & I think that it is very good practise to try to stay as grounded as possible, & as involved with the act of living as practically as we can. We are here 'for a reason' - I think so anyway. The importance for me is how I am living & treating others & myself, on a daily basis; that in itself is a spiritual quest. The rest can wait. But spirituality is of large interest to me.

I read most of Paulo Coelho's stuff. I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with it. He dabbled a lot in the occult in his younger days, & I had a brush with it too - it shows in him.

The best book on spirituality I have read was 'Journey of Souls' by Dr Michael Newton, & I would highly recommend it. I have to say that nothing else I have read really comes close to it in terms of a compelling description of the 'Spirit World'.

I have been reading 'Man's Search for Meaning' by Viktor Frankl. & as a book on practical 'down to earth' spirituality; it is very good indeed.