• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm withdrawaling off clonazepam I'm beyond troubled

J

Jolly

Cheers. As I said before it is really important to have people who know what you are going through x

W

Whathappenedgeez

Holding up... Benzos will make your anxiety worse. They bring down than back up farther than back down and even farther. They give u more problems... I have never felt pain my head from the vibrations of my feet walking on the ground. I have never gone through days of anxiety back to back..... This is from benzos and when I took them I didn't feel even that much better...but go as long as u normally would until ur regular dose but hold off as long as you can. And yes I mean feel the anxiety and chest pain etc it's just withdrawal than take your dose farther and farther apart.... I started at 2 mg now I'm getting by on about 0.5mg - 0.75mg... there's a process the anxiety you feel u do get use to it... People usually reinstate or up the dose....but the anxiety is normal your brain is learning to make and rebuild lost GABA receptors..... Glad I'm realizing these pills give you issues.... Oh and my memory has been worse since starting these been on them for 2 years. Hope you all get off them I'll keep in touch

J

Jolly

I think we all do too. I have always managed to work as this keeps me from self destruction but one day hopefully x

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I'm on Clonazepam too. I take 0.5 mg when I wake up and 0.5 mg at bedtime. I have trouble falling asleep, so sometimes I'll take up to 2 mg at bedtime. I don't think melatonin helps. My psychiatrist said that taking too much Clonazepam can actually make your depression worse.

I

Inie

I feel like a better person being off benzos. My depression is lifted and no longer have crying spells. My anxiety/ agitation and palpitations are controlled with Propranolol. You might need a different med to substitute the Clonazepam to help you with the taper.

J

Jolly

I could not tolerate propranolol. I have ventricular ectopics and was advised to take magnesium which seems to have worked. I do hope one day to be off them but I also suffer from a really bad phobia. How did you manage to come off them x

L

Loudpipes

This is the hardest thing I have endured....I'm tapering down which is bad enough. I have literally been in a dream like state called derealization or do/dr. People may not understand it but it's one of the scariest withdraw symptoms. On top of that 24/7 anxiety nearly impossible to control my breathing.. I'm at home all day. I'm up pacing around than laying down than that's not comfortable and standing feels easier to breathe etc etc it's a war each day. Anyone experience withdrawal?
I have experienced benzo withdrawal and its unbearable. So sorry you are going thru it. I prefer to be by myself when withdrawals kick in. I cant stand people seeing me like this. Constant anxiety, crying, sick and hopeless. How long before your next prescription?

I

Inie

I could not tolerate propranolol. I have ventricular ectopics and was advised to take magnesium which seems to have worked. I do hope one day to be off them but I also suffer from a really bad phobia. How did you manage to come off them x
I too have PVCs. Too bad Propranolol didn’t work for you. I’m also taking low dose of Olanzapine at night which really helps me stay calm during the day.

W

Whathappenedgeez

I feel like a better person being off benzos. My depression is lifted and no longer have crying spells. My anxiety/ agitation and palpitations are controlled with Propranolol. You might need a different med to substitute the Clonazepam to help you with the taper.
Wow interesting... I noticed that my depression got worse on clonazepam! So weird wonder why it does that

J

Jolly

I was put on clopidogrel due to a possible TIA. I think that bright the anxiety and depression to the forefront. I was coping okay until then. Now my anxiety is horrendous. Got diagnosed wrong with ear so hence did not cope.magnesium is good for palpitations.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I have experienced benzo withdrawal and its unbearable. So sorry you are going thru it. I prefer to be by myself when withdrawals kick in. I cant stand people seeing me like this. Constant anxiety, crying, sick and hopeless. How long before your next prescription?
I totally agree with you about benzo withdrawal being so unbearable. I had to go to an urgent care facility because my withdrawal symptoms were so horrible. Unfortunately, they couldn't give me more of my benzo, because only my pdoc could prescribe it to me.

J

Jolly

I would not dream about withdrawing yet. My anxiety is far too high. Keep me updated on how you get on. Virtual hugs xx

I

Inie

I totally agree with you about benzo withdrawal being so unbearable. I had to go to an urgent care facility because my withdrawal symptoms were so horrible. Unfortunately, they couldn't give me more of my benzo, because only my pdoc could prescribe it to me.
They wouldn’t refill my prescription either. In a way I’m glad for this because I just wanted to be off this bad drug. The tapering process is difficult but stick to it.