• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm withdrawaling off clonazepam I'm beyond troubled

J

Jolly

Im OCD & GAD with dysthymia. Haven’t found CBT much help. I’m lucky to have a supportive wife. 3 lovely children - which makes me feel guilty for not wanting to be alive.
I am the same. My hubby has been working from home for the last 4 months and I feel guilty as he works for the nhs. I am not comfortable being on my own yet. We are do lucky to have supportive partners. I hide it from my two girls who are married. I did have ocd but now too exhausted as anxiety and palpitations make me so tired. Do you think lockdown has made it worse and the fear of covid. I work part time in a private hospital and I think covid has had a big effect even though I thought it hadn’t x

B

Bernard soares

I can’t say on a conscious level that COVIDs affected me. Even though I almost lost my best friend to it. sometimes I’ve wanted to catch it in the hope it would kill me, but its not as simple as that is it.? My mental health has been worse than normal in the last 4 months so maybe it’s to do with COVID. But I’ve been through periods like this before pre-COVID days so who knows? Ive been seeing a psychiatrist since 9 yrs old ( I’m 49 now) so I just think this is periodic for me - but I can’t say for sure. I’m sorry to hear youre suffering at the moment

J

Jolly

I can’t say on a conscious level that COVIDs affected me. Even though I almost lost my best friend to it. sometimes I’ve wanted to catch it in the hope it would kill me, but its not as simple as that is it.? My mental health has been worse than normal in the last 4 months so maybe it’s to do with COVID. But I’ve been through periods like this before pre-COVID days so who knows? Ive been seeing a psychiatrist since 9 yrs old ( I’m 49 now) so I just think this is periodic for me - but I can’t say for sure. I’m sorry to hear youre suffering at the moment
Gosh you have so much to live for I lthink I am a burden on my hubby, no holidays etc due to anxiety. We think we are useless but we are not. Keep going with therapy and see how it goes. I am and hoping to gain at least peace of mind. Please take care. I am off to bed but please keep in touch. You are not alone x

I

Inie

This is the hardest thing I have endured....I'm tapering down which is bad enough. I have literally been in a dream like state called derealization or do/dr. People may not understand it but it's one of the scariest withdraw symptoms. On top of that 24/7 anxiety nearly impossible to control my breathing.. I'm at home all day. I'm up pacing around than laying down than that's not comfortable and standing feels easier to breathe etc etc it's a war each day. Anyone experience withdrawal?
[/OUOTE
I have stopped taking my clonazepam close to a month ago. I had to substitute it with other meds in order to help ease the withdrawals. I still got them but slowly they dissipated.

L

lifecangetbetter

the long term use of benzos are BAD, i mean BAD. you could to a point where going outside is scary for you. its best to taper. its also increases risk of early onset dementia

I

Inie

the long term use of benzos are BAD, i mean BAD. you could to a point where going outside is scary for you. its best to taper. its also increases risk of early onset dementia
I totally agree the longer you are on it the worst you feel. I mean when it stops working you get more anxious and become a wreck. Stick to a slow taper and don’t look back.

B

Bernard soares

this is why i so desperately want to come off them - theres a big problem tho. Without them i struggle. Ive tried every non-medicinal route. Two lots of CBT , MBSR course and joing a buddhist meditation group. I dont know what the answer is & it fills me with despair

J

Jolly

Wish I had some advice. Have been on mine a long time and dread the day the doc says it is time to come off them. I am dreading the withdrawal symptoms as I cannot tolerate any other meds. I do feel for you x

B

Bernard soares

Wish I had some advice. Have been on mine a long time and dread the day the doc says it is time to come off them. I am dreading the withdrawal symptoms as I cannot tolerate any other meds. I do feel for you x
how many mg a day in total are you taking?

J

Jolly

I take between 2 and 4 mg depending on my anxiety. I have started therapy to deal with issues but it is hard going x

B

Bernard soares

i was down to 2mg but have gone up to 4-5mg since xmas as my mental health has deteriorated. Im going to tackle it again in a few weeks when work is less stressful- if im truthful i dont feel up to it. im struggling to cope

J

Jolly

Just keep trying but best to do it under supervision. I am here if you feel you need to take one. Just send me a message and I will reply to you. X