• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm withdrawaling off clonazepam I'm beyond troubled

W

Whathappenedgeez

This is the hardest thing I have endured....I'm tapering down which is bad enough. I have literally been in a dream like state called derealization or do/dr. People may not understand it but it's one of the scariest withdraw symptoms. On top of that 24/7 anxiety nearly impossible to control my breathing.. I'm at home all day. I'm up pacing around than laying down than that's not comfortable and standing feels easier to breathe etc etc it's a war each day. Anyone experience withdrawal?

K

keith74

How long have you been taking clonazepam?

B

Bernard soares

This is what scares me about benzos. I’m going to have to come off Valium at some point & I’m dreading it. Really feel for you. How are you feeling now.?

J

Jolly

I have been on benzodiazepines for such a long time and I am scaring myself about the withdrawal symptoms if I start to come off. I think you are so brave. Do you have support while doing this? I do feel for you. Take care xx

B

Bernard soares

3 years. I got down from 10mg a day to 2mg but from this January I’ve gone into a depressive/anxiety fit & I’m back up to between 5 & 6

J

Jolly

I have been on 2mg every day for 30 years. They were the bees knees years ago. I have had to up mine to twice a day due to anxiety and vestibular problems as it is a vicious cycle. Get anxious then dizzy and vice versa. Are you thinking of slowly coming off them? Please keep me updated xx

J

Jolly

3 years. I got down from 10mg a day to 2mg but from this January I’ve gone into a depressive/anxiety fit & I’m back up to between 5 & 6
It would be nice to keep in touch to see how we are coping with them and the anxiety of that is okay x

B

Bernard soares

It would be nice to keep in touch to see how we are coping with them and the anxiety of that is okay
Yes of course, no probs. I’m currently abusing pregabalin (taking 900mg some days rather than the max 600mg) & ive been abusing codeine for about a year. Trying desperately To stop but I just can’t seem to. It’s been 20 years since Ive drank. The thought of drinking again terrifies me

J

Jolly

You have done well not drinking. I have just taken a pill as I am really anxious at the moment. Please be careful with the other medications as they can do harm. I have just started therapy and it is really hard going. Have you thought about that? I must admit it is good to get things out but you have to be so honest as otherwise I would not get anywhere. Instead of talking I wrote a timeline down and it actually helped take my mind off my generalised anxiety. Are you anxious most of the time x

J

Jolly

This is the hardest thing I have endured....I'm tapering down which is bad enough. I have literally been in a dream like state called derealization or do/dr. People may not understand it but it's one of the scariest withdraw symptoms. On top of that 24/7 anxiety nearly impossible to control my breathing.. I'm at home all day. I'm up pacing around than laying down than that's not comfortable and standing feels easier to breathe etc etc it's a war each day. Anyone experience withdrawal?
I think you are a trooper. I hope you are getting support for the withdrawals. Take care x

B

Bernard soares

You have done well not drinking. I have just taken a pill as I am really anxious at the moment. Please be careful with the other medications as they can do harm. I have just started therapy and it is really hard going. Have you thought about that? I must admit it is good to get things out but you have to be so honest as otherwise I would not get anywhere. Instead of talking I wrote a timeline down and it actually helped take my mind off my generalised anxiety. Are you anxious most of the time x
Ive had 2 courses of CBT. Am currently on citalopram, pregabalin & citalopram. Yes anxious all time. And depressed.

B

Bernard soares

You ok?

J

Jolly

Ive had 2 courses of CBT. Am currently on citalopram, pregabalin & citalopram. Yes anxious all time. And depressed.
I don’t feel depressed but have GAD and been like this for years. Missed out on so much in life. How do you find CBT do you think it will help. Do you have a connection with the person and do you have face to face with us being in lockdown x

B

Bernard soares

I don’t feel depressed but have GAD and been like this for years. Missed out on so much in life. How do you find CBT do you think it will help. Do you have a connection with the person and do you have face to face with us being in lockdown x
Im OCD & GAD with dysthymia. Haven’t found CBT much help. I’m lucky to have a supportive wife. 3 lovely children - which makes me feel guilty for not wanting to be alive.