• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lizaje

Lizaje

Now that I think about it, I had a bit similar problem myself years ago, and that passed in time by itself! 😊 I mean, I did have counselling and meds, but I didn't deal with that specific issue. It was probably just some kind of an emotional lock mixed with social anxiety. Don't beat yourself up for it. Maybe you can comfort people on other ways.
  • Texting
  • Calling
  • Little gestures that say you care
  • Checking up on them from time to time without trying to open a specific topic for discussion
  • Gifting them a book that might help them or make them feel better
  • Gifting food, a pretty candle, tea or coffee
  • Telling about something similar that has happened to you and how you felt..

B

BSMRB

you could also say something like
' oh yes I have also felt that way , I know what you mean
do you want to tell me more about it '

some places do ' peer support courses '
I dont know where you live but you could look into it

🎼

Thank you, I'll definitely look into that!

B

BSMRB

Have you told them? It's possible that they don't know how much it hurts you and how important it is to you to feel you can comfort them.
I've told them, they just rather not put me into a position where they know I'm uncomfortable or can't handle. I understand they're just trying to do what's best for me so I don't get stressed but sometimes it does more harm than good as it really upsets me when it happens. I'm hoping to better myself and become more of an emotional support for people close to me.

B

BSMRB

I think one sign that you are not an awful person is that you WANT to do a better job of being there for others when they are down. Many people don’t want that part of relationships at all. If you don’t manage other people coming to you when they are low well that doesn’t mean that you are an awful person, it just means that is not your strong point. Everyone has different strong and weak points that make people useful in different ways. I am sure you have many other strong points. For one you are clearly a good communicator who cares about other people. Those are both wonderful things. You don’t have to have every single good quality out there to make yourself a valuable person. Grant yourself the freedom and acceptance to be good with yourself without being great at everything.
Focus on the unique qualities you possess that make you the best possible you. ❤💕 xo, j
Thank you, I never thought of it that way to be honest. I need to focus on the good more than the bad. I'll try my best!

B

BSMRB

great ! its something I should be doing as well
that I have not got around to
Definitely something we should both look into at some point! Hopefully it helps. Maybe if I manage to find something I'll keep you updated!

Z

Zoe1

yes OK update the thread I'm following it !
actually I'm just in the middle of a complaint
about the local services which have gone goal oriented

so I cant really start the peer support just now
but soon I should do it !

B

BSMRB

yes OK update the thread I'm following it !
actually I'm just in the middle of a complaint
about the local services which have gone goal oriented

so I cant really start the peer support just now
but soon I should do it !
Will do!
Best of luck to you! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 4
Tamziie93 Other 1
Tamziie93 Other 22
Funnyday Other 10