• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Im trying but its so difficult.

S

Seano

Hi there people. I'm sat here not really sure what to write. Last year I lost my job then my mother died. I had to have my beloved dog put to sleep then my wife left me and as we rented the property from her sister I lost my home too. I've just reread that and it seems like an over the top comment left by a troll but I assure you it's not. My wife left not for another partner but rather she says she just didn't love me anymore.
I was diagnosed with depression several years ago and have suffered with it on and off for a long time. At the moment I feel like I'm drowning in it. I've got a flat and found a job but I'm just existing. I go to work, hardly speak to anyone due to the nature and location of the job, come home and just sit there. I used to be an avid reader, loved TV and computer games but now I have no interest. I'm constantly tearful, I feel it quivering just below the surface ready to burst out. Most of all I feel so alone. I always thought recurring dreams were a cliche but I seem to dream every night that I'm either back with my wife or that she's with someone else then I wake up devastated. I sit in this crummy flat with no hope for the future. My wife who was a carer for her parents and now lives with them calls or texts me from time to time. She says she still cares for me and wants to stay friends. I know it's the wrong thing to do but I'm not strong enough to make a clean break. I lie to her and my friends as well as my family. I tell them all I'm fine but I'm just not. I'm crying now, I feel so down, so tired of it all. My life is just so empty now. I'm trying to get past all this but it's just so hard I'm thinking things will never get better. I'm sorry for waffling on, I just wanted to talk to people who understand.

Goldiron

Goldiron

Welcome to the forums

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

:welcome: i hope you find the forum useful
im here to listen and i truly hope things improve for you soon
love from Fairy Lu xxxx

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Could you go to your doctor and ask to be referred to some grief counselling? It really does sound as though you need to talk to someone, to help you with your grief and depression. You cant fix this on your own. You need support and talking really does help in my opinion.
Please dont give up fighting this,
Hugs
Fox

S

Seano

I'm going to make an appointment for sometime this week. Thanks people

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Does anyone else keep trying to think their way out of depression? Depression Forum 16
R Trying pristique Depression Forum 1
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING: SA, physical abuse*** what's the point to live when everyone trying to kill me? Depression Forum 6
S Struggling but trying hard to fight it Depression Forum 8
S Trying so hard but not getting better. Depression Forum 25
R Trying to understand her depression Depression Forum 2
G Im just trying meet people Depression Forum 1
D Should i stop trying to get with a hot waitress!! Depression Forum 33
L Trying to understand these red flags... Depression Forum 6
D Something horrible happened to my daughter and I’m not doing well. I haven’t even been able to work. I’m trying to get better. Depression Forum 2
D PTSD from my uncles brother trying to hurt me and family covering it up. Depression Forum 16
R Trying to make it through the day Depression Forum 4
E Trying to get away from Facebook Depression Forum 16
E Trying To Make Sense Of Suicidal Thoughts Depression Forum 12
M I'm feeling guilty during recovery, like im not trying everything i can, but i really am Depression Forum 1
S 'What if' thoughts and trying to remember Depression Forum 1
I Trying to understand my ex Depression Forum 3
eiffeltower Trying to not be sad. Please rate my action plan. Depression Forum 11
C Trying to imagine a better future when all I can see is more of the past Depression Forum 8
FindingTheMeaning I'm Trying (A Life Story) Depression Forum 5
M Trying to hold it together and failing Depression Forum 5
R Slowly trying to break out of all nighters and sleep ins Depression Forum 7
Allegro25 Trying to figure out my problems... Depression Forum 6
P I'm trying Depression Forum 10
F Major Depressive Disorder while working full time while trying to keep a marriage together Depression Forum 2
P Lexapro withdrawal symptoms and trying to have some quality of life Depression Forum 2
W Trying hard but can’t seem to make it Depression Forum 4
L Depression is trying to get the best of me Depression Forum 7
A Trying to help my mum with depression Depression Forum 1
E Trying to get well and live a healthy romantic life, end up failing Depression Forum 2
P Trying to help my daughter , severe depression and anxiety , I have tried Everything. Help ... Depression Forum 2
A Trying to rebuild my life after suicide attempt Depression Forum 6
A How do I accept I will be lonely forever (Trying to solve my problems one step at a lime). Depression Forum 12
A Trying to process memories - can anyone help? Depression Forum 11
jndigrnmo Trying to get more sleep Depression Forum 2
C Spending my days trying not to cry Depression Forum 12
S Depressed for the last 2 years. Worth trying antidepressants? Depression Forum 3
W Flat, Pointless, Frustrating, Trying, Waiting, Feeling. Depression Forum 2
G Really trying...losing the fight Depression Forum 6
W Im staying on Sertraline...I quit trying to quit Depression Forum 2
G Trying to self destruct but cant Depression Forum 4
K My body is trying to kill me Depression Forum 2
D Trying d3 vitamin supplements Depression Forum 29
U Trying to live with my depression / anxiety Depression Forum 3
D Trying To Cope But It Seems Impossible Depression Forum 7
M Trying to help a loved one but they wont accept it Depression Forum 5
L tired of trying to find reasons to live Depression Forum 20
G Trying to hoold down a new and demanding job with depression Depression Forum 10
W Trying to find my way out of the storm. Depression Forum 3
N They're all trying to kill me! Depression Forum 51