• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Im Totally Broken...Please Help Me

L

leanne84

Ive suffered from severe depression for over 8 years now,and im on all different types of medication. But the past 2 years have utterly destroyed me, ive lost my daughter and my grandmother even my cat who i had since childhood.
Im just completly empty inside. i cant do this on my own, i have my husband but im always lashing out at him and losing control, he is getting so sick of me he wont even talk to me anymore or hold me.
I have no friends at all because i moved to a different part of the country. im currently seeing a psychiatrist but there so patronising and non empathetic,
I just want someone to talk to and be there for me.everything i used to do seems so distant and trivial , i never leave the house unless i have appointments. Im just a shell of the person i was. please someone talk to me.
x:(

L

Lady Summer Isles

Ive suffered from severe depression for over 8 years now,and im on all different types of medication. But the past 2 years have utterly destroyed me, ive lost my daughter and my grandmother even my cat who i had since childhood.
Im just completly empty inside. i cant do this on my own, i have my husband but im always lashing out at him and losing control, he is getting so sick of me he wont even talk to me anymore or hold me.
I have no friends at all because i moved to a different part of the country. im currently seeing a psychiatrist but there so patronising and non empathetic,
I just want someone to talk to and be there for me.everything i used to do seems so distant and trivial , i never leave the house unless i have appointments. Im just a shell of the person i was. please someone talk to me.
I'm so sorry things are so bad for you and for your losses. I was scared of losing my husband too as i've been so low and felt I was pulling him down with me. He probably needs some outside support to help him too. My chmt runs a carer support group and after much persuasion i got him to go along. At least he can offload to other people there. You could just try telling him how much you still love him and try and give him a cuddle.

I don't really have any close friends either. I do now go to a women's group once a week but I don't see any of the other ladies outside of the group.

I will also be moving a long way in a few months time, so there's little point in trying to make any friends here. I'm trying to see the move as a new start and hope to force myself out a bit more and try and make some new friends. I have completely given up with the mental health services here as they are just a joke.

I understand about leaving the house as I'm like that too many times, but I am forcing myself to go out of the door everyday, even if it's just out into the garden. Once I am out I generally feel a bit better.

Things won't always be this bad. As I was told in cbt to remember times in my life when I have been happy, even if they are just small things.

Please don't lose all hope and you can pm me if you would like to.

Sending Hugs
Lady T:grouphug:

C

crs

I sympathise with the problem of a lack of friends. I don't have any local friends any more and feel finding new ones is going to be a key part of recovery for me. How to meet new people and develop new, meaningful relationships when I am feeling so low is something I have started to give much thought to...

D

DELATEXT

Hi

Sorry for your terrible pain and loneliness, would joining some sort of voluntary work appeal to you ??
you might meet other people and get involved in something worth while ??

:unsure::grouphug:

M

maudikie

maudikie.

I am pretty well housebound with arthritis, but fortunate to have a family that take me out occasionally. The trouble is that the bumps in the road give my aches and pains a boost! I would suggest some voluntary work. Can you knit or sew or paint? There are a lot of charities who would be grateful for your work to sell for fund raising. And you might meet someone there you could talk to if you joined a group. Otherwise like myself, just do it at home, and Radio 4 has some interesting talks on. Or radio 3 is one of my favourites unless they put a screaming soprano on!:):)

D

DELATEXT

things to do ?

Hi, as per previous post, how about a hobby, reading or watching a movie, comedies help me a lot !
also the radio is very good, hope you find something that works for you asap.

:):grouphug:

Kate4

Kate4

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling. To lose a child must be the hardest thing in the world to bear.

I have always been depressed but managed one way or another to marry and raise 3 kids. I went through breast cancer, developed spinal arthritis. I eventually burned out completely and had to take early retirement from my job. Then someone sent me a hand made card. I looked at it and thought - I can do this!

As a result I got into crafting my own cards and found some online sites and friends. Crafting is so absorbing and rewarding and crafters support each other. There are classes you can join and TV chanels you can watch for demonstrations etc. It saved my life. I have a reason to get up in the mornings. Well most mornings anyway. On a bad day I do nothing and that is how my family know I am down. I am so lucky to have a supportive family. Talk to your hubby calmly and ask him to try to understand your difficulties.

Best wishes
kate x