• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm tired of this depression I want to trigger a manic episode

J

Jaybot95

I know it's not the most responsible thing to do but I'm tired of being suicidal. I want to attain a hypomanic state. Right now I'm listening to my playlists from my previous manias on loud volume and staying up late. What else can I do to get up there?

D

Dazed & Confused

I didn't know you could do that. I don't have Bipolar Disorder, I have Major Depressive Disorder.

Would taking antidepressants trigger a manic state? Or over-exercising? Or eating too much sugar?

B

butterflykisses

I know it's not the most responsible thing to do but I'm tired of being suicidal. I want to attain a hypomanic state. Right now I'm listening to my playlists from my previous manias on loud volume and staying up late. What else can I do to get up there?
What type of bipolar do you have? Because if you have gone to full mania, then it’s a bad idea to mess with that. I tried to make my hypomania last longer and guess what happened. It got to be full mania on accident. It was my first manic episode so I didn’t expect it. It had energy drinks and wasn’t eating. Do not recommend. It was such a bad idea.

Daisy Norman

Daisy Norman

I know the feeling. I have often been turning the corner into hypomania which is a relief from feeling like shit all the time. I never want it to stop but it just doesn’t stay fun for long before it gets plain scary.🥴

Wishbone

Wishbone

Don't, especially if you've ever had mixed states, you'll end up in a far worse place than you are currently.

Amazingly

Amazingly

This is a bad idea.
Ok so you won’t become depressed but then you’ll have mania to contend with and this will cause another set of problems.
And if you suffer with mixed states you could end up depressed and manic.
My advice to you is to contact your doctor.