• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm thinking of starting over

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

I feel like there's too much history here and I want a fresh start.
I just want to disappear and start a new life - I don't want to bring anything from this life with me.

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

just buying a ticket somewhere, doesn't even matter where.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can understand you wanting to start over. Would you be ok in a new place were you do not know anybody and do not have your medical team?

Delilah67

Delilah67

I’ve started afresh a few times over the years; I’ve yet to escape me .... just saying

R

Rex Smith

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've had many fresh starts over the years. You'll get new experiences and memories from these new adventures. Wherever you go just be prepared you'll have to tackle new challenges. I'd definitely choose wisely on where you go vs closing your eyes and pointing somewhere on a map to pick the next place for you. Research and weigh out the pros and cons before leaving. You wouldn't want to begin a fresh start to immediately want a new one.

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

Starting over is tough, sometimes even under good conditions.

I think people wanting to change course in life and push in a positive direction is a laudable goal. I would say, however, that you're going to want a plan in place. You're much more likely to be successful if you have a direction you're wanting to go, a goal (or more than one!) in mind for how you're going to facilitate things in your new life, possibly having a support system in place at your new destination, etc.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

I think a fresh start is a good idea for you, but you need to have a plan. Just being spontaneous in this situation will probably turn out bad.

G

givemehope

I’ve started afresh a few times over the years; I’ve yet to escape me .... just saying
^^^ just started over myself in a new state where I know no one and have no bad memories, but I am doing worse than I have in a while. I don't mean to discourage you from going somewhere and starting over because it could be amazing for you, but I am highly disappointed that I did not suddenly become a happier, healthier, or better person by starting over. looking back, I realize how unrealistic that expectation was, and you might not have that expectation at all, but if you do in any way, I just don't want you to be let down. as long as you don't hold onto that expectation, a new atmosphere could be wonderful.