• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm starting to not want to go out of the house. I'm not afraid of the virus.

F

Fightingtoo273

I'm starting to not want to go outside of the house at all. I pick up groceries now. My friend wants me to go out and I don't want to go. I'm dealing with depression and anxiety. I'm on meds and I'm talking to a counselor once a week. I don't feel like I'm getting any better.

E

EclipticNight

I almost never go out. I can go weeks without ever leaving the house. Suits me well.

Jolly

Jolly

Personally I think lockdown has had a lot to do with it. I very rarely go out. I had to go to the dentist yesterday but I must admit it was spotless and had to wait outside until they were ready. I went to a shop last Monday but there was only 10 people in and my hubby is with me in case I get panicky. Baby steps at first.

E

eadIVAND

I also do not want to go outside to expose myself to the world. However, my job and my life force me to go out, so I try my best to adapt to it. The social situations often make me feel tired, but I feel really relaxed when coming home.

C

charlieblack5

Snap. I’m having issues at the moment with how I look - and being in lockdown has obviously suited me to a tee when not feeling like I’m looking my best. But it’s a vicious cycle, and I’m too getting very anxious about starting to meet up with friends etc again and get back to a sense of ‘normality’. I’m going to a funeral in a few days and it’ll be the first time I’ll have been on a bus/train and seeing family for over a year. I don’t think I’ve really thought too much about that.

I’ve decided just to be honest with people. Not everyone, but friends I trust who have been asking to meet up. I’ve told some more than others, but it has helped and feels like a weight has been lifted. Could you do that?

WCaswell93

WCaswell93

I'm a psychology student from Brasil, and your content always fills me with curiosity and determination to study and learn more about psychology as a whole. I've struggled with generalized anxiety disorder for as long as I can remember, and health anxiety has been a strong aspect of it lately (although I'm happy to say that through my therapy I've become way better at dealing with it). That said, I still have trouble limiting my media consumption