I'm socially broken

G

George10111

I consider broken a strong word. Lately any sort of interaction is just sooooo cumbersome and exhausting. Every time I interact I"m beating myself up, thinking I'm hurting the other person's feelings or I'm doing something way wrong. I don't know how to end it properly so every interaction ends incredibly awkward.

For the last few years I've become very soured and rude. I used to be a very outgoing, kind, young person to all. The young me was so energetic but anytime I've gone even a little overboard on enthusiasm its a turnoff for the other person. I've lost hundreds of friends over the years because my over enthusiasm.

People calling me out on every little stupid thing I do wrong, over the years has been what's triggered it. Not only that but being told I'm inept, inferior, has done it. Plus people like to stare at me everywhere I go. That's why I'm so self conscious, sensitive, and deconstructed right now.

calypso

calypso

Admin
People tell you that you are inept? Well they are just being rude and inept themselves!! Most people are so wrapped up in their own lives, I doubt they are looking at you. I used to feel this way but came to realise that people only see what they expect to see so if you go to the local shop with wet hair, people don't notice it. Celebrate your enthusiasm. You sound great to have around - well to me anyway.

F

Fallingfromthetop

So what if they call you out, are they perfect themselves? No they are not. You don't have to tell it to their face but you can think it and go about your way as if they said nothing.

ghost_girl80

ghost_girl80

i do the same thing so i know how it is. my only advice is to face your fear head on, which is something that i myself am working on, but i know it's easier said than done! good luck to you & remember, what others think of us is none of our business...trying to keep that in mind myself. :panic::low::confused: