• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm so tired of being ugly

F

Fairy Rapunzel

I just am so tired of it. Looked at my reflection again. For some reason I keep hoping that I will somehow look beautiful the next time I look in a mirror. But of course this doesn't happen and my face and body stays the same.

I know I'm ugly. I've been called ugly many many times. I look like a man and I have hirsutism (which makes me look even more masculine...). I'm overweight and I have a hunchback thanks to bad posture. I have no idea how to fix these problems and every time I try, mainly focusing on my weight first with a diet, I fail because I'm just a failure. I also embarrass myself a lot and I believe this is just part of how my life was meant to be. Even if I just avoid everyone, somehow life still continues to be embarrassing. It's so stupid.

The reason why I'm typing this now is because not too long ago I cried again about being an ugly woman. Life is hard. No one gives you positive attention or believes in you. Finding love is impossible. Being called hairy isn't fun at all. I try everything to hide my hirsutism by shaving and waxing. My skin looks awful because of this and I'm thinking about getting laser hair removal treatment but that's so expensive.

I just wish I looked beautiful like all the models and singers and actresses I look up to. And I know people will say that they use photoshop, but this isn't always true. They're naturally beautiful. I want to be beautiful, too. And talented and intelligent and so much more. Instead I'm just a joke. I guess I just have to find a way to get used to being this hideous person because there's no way to fix all of this.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
@Fairy Rapunzel

Most women have too many hairs and it just gets worse. Plucking isn't working for me anymore

We get fatter
Teeth get older
Grey hairs get worse
Wrinkles

But we care much less about these things.

What clothing shapes suit you?
I wear A line skirts and dresses as I am not athletic.

I love hats

F

Fairy Rapunzel

@Tawny Thank you. I just feel like I never had a chance in life to be beautiful or have good memories about being beautiful. People often say that beauty fades over time, but I don't believe that since there are many beautiful people of all ages. I know we all have our own problems, I'm just tired of being a joke. It doesn't matter what kind of clothing I wear, nothing looks good on me. I am very fat. People describe having hourglass figures or pear shape figures. I have a potato figure. It's embarrassing to go outside because I know people are looking at how ugly I am. I take too much space because of my weight and if people notice hair on my arms or face, then they'll stare even more and laugh about how weird I look. I spend hours waxing or shaving, I use tweezers. I'm tired. It's exhausting. I know no one will ever find me beautiful because I know the reality. I want to be someone else.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I was thinking about dog and cat breeds. That they are all shapes and sizes, some one person would say is beautiful, some prefer another breed and think they are beautiful. When i see an overweight dog or an unusual looking dog, i don't think those words come to mind.

I wonder if people watching is the same? I tend to notice emotions, confidence, when i people watch. I see clothes too. I often do think 'what on earth is she wearing', but try to be less critical of a person.

We all are just us

Jolly

Jolly

No one is ugly. As long as you have a good heart that is all that matters. As you think all these beautiful women may be ugly on the inside. I personally prefer honest and nice people. Appearance does not matter as long as they are kind and have a good heart and you can trust them.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

your not ugly
i just know
would you want to swap pictures ,because i think im ugly too!
and i have been told i was ,im starting to not care a bit though to be honest
im a beautiful person ,and so are you
i promise x

Maitri

Maitri

Hi @Fairy Rapunzel , sadly you are yet another victim of our celebrity culture world, one where virtually all consumerism is aimed at and circles around what is in reality a phantom world. We soak it up from an early age and the sensitive (for whatever reason) suffer.As you do.

Some are strong. However "ugly", nevertheless they enbolden themselves, do not hide, and become acceptable. Sadly, again, many are not able to be so strong.

But as @Fairy Lucretia has said, no one is "ugly" in any total sense of the word. In our capacity for empathy, love, compassion and sharing. Easy words, but please believe in yourself and what you are able to offer our world.

All the best

Z

Zoe1

it really truly has nothing to do
with your getting a partner

models have even reported
that being beautiful gets in the way !

honestly if you let your personality shine
it will show on the outside

say ' I am beautiful and people love me '
three times a day

F

Fairy Rapunzel

I was thinking about dog and cat breeds. That they are all shapes and sizes, some one person would say is beautiful, some prefer another breed and think they are beautiful. When i see an overweight dog or an unusual looking dog, i don't think those words come to mind.

I wonder if people watching is the same? I tend to notice emotions, confidence, when i people watch. I see clothes too. I often do think 'what on earth is she wearing', but try to be less critical of a person.

We all are just us
Thank you. I just know that people think of me in a negative way. I had people call me ugly when I was growing up. Mostly classmates. Even now as an adult, I've had people comment on my appearance. Once a woman asked me why I had so much hair on my arms and then she laughed about it. I felt horrible.

No one is ugly. As long as you have a good heart that is all that matters. As you think all these beautiful women may be ugly on the inside. I personally prefer honest and nice people. Appearance does not matter as long as they are kind and have a good heart and you can trust them.
Thank you. I believe I'm nice to people, but most people seem to view kindness as a weakness or annoying or anything else negative. Or maybe it's because I'm ugly that people view my kindness as strange. If I was beautiful people would probably be happy about my kindness? I'm not sure. Most people are selfish anyway and are too lost in their own world of competing with each other over jobs and dating and money. If I can't fit into that kind of world, then they'll see me as weird. Which they always have and I'm not surprised.

your not ugly
i just know
would you want to swap pictures ,because i think im ugly too!
and i have been told i was ,im starting to not care a bit though to be honest
im a beautiful person ,and so are you
i promise x
Thank you so much :hug:

Hi @Fairy Rapunzel , sadly you are yet another victim of our celebrity culture world, one where virtually all consumerism is aimed at and circles around what is in reality a phantom world. We soak it up from an early age and the sensitive (for whatever reason) suffer.As you do.

Some are strong. However "ugly", nevertheless they enbolden themselves, do not hide, and become acceptable. Sadly, again, many are not able to be so strong.

But as @Fairy Lucretia has said, no one is "ugly" in any total sense of the word. In our capacity for empathy, love, compassion and sharing. Easy words, but please believe in yourself and what you are able to offer our world.

All the best
Thank you so so much. I still feel horrible especially since yesterday I watched a video about other women who deal with hirsutism. And these women talked about their health and experiences. The comments on the video were awful. People making fun of women like me, people calling women like me ugly. It doesn't matter how nice I am or how positive I am about life. I know what most people think and I've experienced the negative comments myself.

it really truly has nothing to do
with your getting a partner

models have even reported
that being beautiful gets in the way !

honestly if you let your personality shine
it will show on the outside

say ' I am beautiful and people love me '
three times a day
Thank you very much. No one sees my personality because I'm not beautiful.

F

Fairy Rapunzel

Thank you everyone. I hope you're all well.

:grouphug:

The truth is I still feel terrible. I can't think positive right now, especially when it comes to myself. There are times when I feel suicidal about all of this, and other things too. Just a few weeks ago I started self harming again. The reason for that was because of my insecurities. I know what my future will be like. Boring, depressing, and lonely. I pretend that I'm okay with that but the truth is I am not. I don't know why I have this life and sometimes I just believe that the only way to fix all of this is with suicide. I just want my problems to end. I feel like I sound selfish. I'm really sorry. I can't think of any other way to solve these problems.

M

my_lovely_username

Hi Fairy Rapunzel, I'm sorry you're feeling so down. You sound like such a lovely person. :hug:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you tried talking to your GP about the hirsutism, weight gain and depression? I know that hirsutism in particular can sometimes be related to a hormonal imbalance, so it could be worth seeing if they can run some tests if they haven't already and discussing your options.

I know it might not seem like it, but things really can get better. It's getting started on making the positive changes that's the really tough bit, particularly if you're trying to lose weight because it usually takes a few weeks to start seeing results. Just a thought but have you ever considered trying the free version of the My Fitness Pal app? You enter your height and weight on it and it then calculates a healthy number of calories for you to eat each week to help you reach your goal weight. You fill in the diary daily with the foods you've eaten and it's a really good way to learn what's healthy and what's not, plus what good portion sizes look like. Just thought I'd mention it as a possibility because myself and a friend used it in the past with a lot of success and it might be worth checking out. :)

Sloshiceangel

Sloshiceangel

“No one is born ugly, we just live in a judgmental society” a quote from Kim Namjoon i absolutely love.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

Even when I am a man, I feel pain. Luckily masks are trending, I love them.

J

justsurvivingouthere

@Fairy Rapunzel i understand how you feel. i really really do. i struggle with the same issue. but i try to focus on the big picture of it all. we all live and then die. we all are young and then get old. it's really hard to not conform with societies beauty standards but imagine if we did. people would only like us because of our looks and once we get old, people will start to ignore us. so lets feel blessed that we don't have to deal with superficial people and the people who like us actually probably like us for our character