• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm so paranoid and anxious it's uinning my life !!!

S

Saf and sound

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. Whenever I'm in a situation where I get to be part of a group and interact with people I screw things up by feeling unwanted, judged,etc... even when people do seem to like me I end up ruining everything. A while ago I had problems and my colleagues helped me a great deal. I even overheard them saying how they felt sorry for me and wanted to help me. I know how STUPID that sounds but I got so embarrassed I ended up acting weirder than I ever have around them. I feel so bad now. I am so paranoid ! Whenever I make a small mistake I feel so guilty it keeps me awake at night. For example, last time, a colleague misunderstood something that I said and got offended. I didn't get the chance to talk to him about it and it would look weird to do so now. My sister told me I shouldn't care about it as it wasn't what I meant to say. I should just act natural, do something nice for him so that he knows I'm not a bad person and that's it. But I can't, I wish things were that easy.. I care waaaayy too much what people think of me and CANNOT just let it go. How do I start living for myself ?

Sorry *Ruinning.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hiya and welcome to the forum :)

Gajolene

Gajolene

:welcome: to the forum. As helpfull as your sister is trying to be, when your feeling very anxious you do anything but act naturally, even though it may appear that way outwardly. Many of us here suffer from anxiety and have anxiety as a result or in addition to other things that may be going on with our mental health.

I can relate as well to what your saying, I'm terrible in groups. Has this been going on a long time, not just with work but maybe back to your school days and childhood. Just curious, not a professional, just a concerned forum member. Please feel free to post more on it, I'm sure you'll get lots of helpfull advice.

Z

ZOZO1

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. Whenever I'm in a situation where I get to be part of a group and interact with people I screw things up by feeling unwanted, judged,etc... even when people do seem to like me I end up ruining everything. A while ago I had problems and my colleagues helped me a great deal. I even overheard them saying how they felt sorry for me and wanted to help me. I know how STUPID that sounds but I got so embarrassed I ended up acting weirder than I ever have around them. I feel so bad now. I am so paranoid ! Whenever I make a small mistake I feel so guilty it keeps me awake at night. For example, last time, a colleague misunderstood something that I said and got offended. I didn't get the chance to talk to him about it and it would look weird to do so now. My sister told me I shouldn't care about it as it wasn't what I meant to say. I should just act natural, do something nice for him so that he knows I'm not a bad person and that's it. But I can't, I wish things were that easy.. I care waaaayy too much what people think of me and CANNOT just let it go. How do I start living for myself ?

Sorry *Ruinning.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Firstly, well done for getting it out there and saying how you feel, you are definitely not alone here. I myself have felt this level of anxiety and the only advice I can give you is try your best to calm down a bit. To stop the over thinking you need a distraction of some sort, a hobby, or a book or anything to distract the thoughts. Secondly I'd say try to work on your self confidence, with me after lots of soul searching I found that I was so paranoid because I was so insecure about myself. Start fresh every day and find things that you like about yourself and REMEMBER them, also remember that we are all human and some people may seem perfect but I can guarantee you they are not. Go to the gym because the endorphins do help lift your mood and if none of this helps go and see your doctor for a review of meds or maybe some counselling. I really hope you get better soon. Post on here as much as you need to, there is so much support and help available. You are not alone at all in your thoughts and we all have good days and bad days but it can get better.