• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

im so confused

K

kris12345

I am scared, i havent been diagnoised which makes it a hell lot more scary im not even sure if its biopolar im suffering from but all i know is on a day to day basis i have severe mood swings i can feel intensly high and hyperactive where i talk a thousand words per minute and then i might get back to 'normal' but usually i just crash and burn and just feel really depressed and sad intensly to the point of wanting to end it all. I too abused cocain and cannabis have feelings of exhilaration, disorientation, lack of insight, incoherent speech, impulsiveness (especially with men), racing thoughts, exhaustion, have loads of energy, lack of sle ep, too much sleep, feeling 'high' and sometimes believe im meant to be here for a certain purpose I think all my sypmtoms indicate bioplar but because it happens on a day to day basis and the ''episodes'' dont last for long periods of time its hard to diagnoise, i have the typical symptoms but they dont last as long as the typical bipolar. It all came to a head when i tried to top myself last week and someone mentioned bioplar, and now im convinced i have it or at least some sort of variation of the disorder. Im seeing a doctor tomoz but until then im just wondering wot the hell is going on.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi Kris, :welcome: to the forum. I'm glad you're seeing the doc tomorrow. How about you print out what you've said here and show it to him?

Whatever happens, let us know how you get on.

B

bluebell24

Hi Kris,

I totally understand how you feel but you're doing the right thing going to the doctor tomorrow. The first time bipolar was mentioned to me was 13 years ago when I was in hospital following an overdose; which followed a good few years of heavy recreational drug use, drinking to excess and all sorts of unsavoury adventures with men! At the time I was freaked out by it all, chose to ignore what had been suggested and carried on as if nothing had happened. I sincerely wish I had done something earlier as the past year has cost me dearly so please make sure you find peace of mind by getting a diagnosis quickly.

Honestly, I was so scared but things do and will get better; a correct diagnosis is a big step in the right direction.

Bluebell

K

kris12345

thanks, ive just been looking into the possibility of ultradian cycling which sounds alot like me as it happens on such a regular basis, its the not knowing thats frustrating me, i just want to get better or at least have therapy/medication to help it, so i can feel normal and get on with my life.