• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

im so confused whats the answer for severe depression??

J

Johntron9999

there is research showing that antidepressants DAMAGE the brain and dull it. ativan and benzos and antiphycotics clearly damage the brain and cause dementia... so if we cant use drugs whats the answer?? talking about it does not help, diet and exercise does not help.... the only thing that DID work was an SSRI i took but it stopped working....its so confusing weather you can trust medication or not. ive been depressed for months on end so its obviously not going to get better on its own. as i said exercising and diet are not helping. i guess i have to throw medication at myself

Z

Zoe1

I think its the lesser of two ills yes , taking the meds
thing is there is taking meds, there is not taking meds
and then there is the 3rd option of getting the right meds

and that can be a long difficult process of trial error
and expressing what is going on for us

I dont think you can beat severe depression without help
and usually involves some kind of medication
as light a dosage as they can manage

:grouphug: 🌻 :) 🍀 🌅

wollie

wollie

I woudlnt worry about chemical reactions in the brain , I have taken several meds over the years and I can still functiond, alibet not very well at the mo cause Im in a downer.

J

Johntron9999

I woudlnt worry about chemical reactions in the brain , I have taken several meds over the years and I can still functiond, alibet not very well at the mo cause Im in a downer.
What do u mean? I need medication I'm off all meds now and I'm doing bad

K

Keesha

I think getting the ‘right’ medication for you CAN work. Diet and exercise most certainly CAN help most people. Severe depression changes our brain chemistry which does often require some type of proper mediation of some sort to adjust it.

I will usually take natural supplements but have been doing this for many decades now so know what to take to help. At my worst I took a prescription called Effexor which helped break me out of an 8 year depression. I stayed on it for close to a year and it helped. Talk this out with your doctor. This takes a bit of blind trust on your part but things CAN improve.

A serious walking routine truly helped significantly and is something I still keep up.
Best of luck.

Bluebox11

Bluebox11

I think you need to try many different medications out until you find the right one that works for you. Taking medication does help. The other option of not taking meds is risky and your depression could get worse without the use of medication.

T

timi0000

there is research showing that antidepressants DAMAGE the brain and dull it. ativan and benzos and antiphycotics clearly damage the brain and cause dementia... so if we cant use drugs whats the answer?? talking about it does not help, diet and exercise does not help.... the only thing that DID work was an SSRI i took but it stopped working....its so confusing weather you can trust medication or not. ive been depressed for months on end so its obviously not going to get better on its own. as i said exercising and diet are not helping. i guess i have to throw medication at myself
John, let me share with you my story. I really think at least some of it can really help you.
I would recommend reading the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and APPLYING the principles he talks about in your life. Just reading for an intellectual understanding won't make a difference. It was the very first thing that started to unlock me from my dysfunction.

Meditating on my breath really helped too. Focusing on the sensation of my breath as it enters and leaves a nostril is what you do. I would recommend finding a teacher in your area or at least find some information on YouTube. This really helped me unlock from my dysfunction too.

Taking the actions of love toward other people really helped me too. Start treating the people around you with more love. Do more loving things for them. Start helping people. When I did this, the dysfunction just melted away over time.

More than anything, take whatever actions you feel drawn to take in dealing with your anxiety. When your mind sees that you are serious about getting to the core of problem, the dysfunction will decrease since it has served its purpose. It is like an alarm bell letting you know that you have some issues that need to be dealt with.

K

karl7

@Johntron9999 ....have you ever tried the herbal rememdy, st johns wort......i found it good for depression