• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm scared.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Every time I go outside I worry about what people think of me, or what they will say about me. I have these thoughts even when I'm at home. People following me, laughing about me, taking pictures and videos and turning me into a joke for the world to laugh at. I'm scared. I have these thoughts all the time. I can't live a normal life because of this.

jajingna

jajingna

Sounds hard. Any way to get help?

B

butterfly88

aww honey, we are here to help!
Tell us more.. About your fears and insecurities

JessisMe

JessisMe

Have you been able at all to work with a therapist on this? I imagine this could be very helpful in pin pointing the origins of your fears and learning how to release them so you can move more comfortably in the outer world. Therapy is what I would recommend.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Have you been able at all to work with a therapist on this? I imagine this could be very helpful in pin pointing the origins of your fears and learning how to release them so you can move more comfortably in the outer world. Therapy is what I would recommend.
Thank you. Yes, I've been going to therapy again and it always helps to talk to my therapist. I just still find it so scary to go outside because I know people could laugh at me. Then there are the worries of photos or videos of me being shared and laughed at. It happens to other people, so I'm worried that it will happen to me.

irwin

irwin

People suck. Not all, but probably half. More than anything, that's what I've learned from 2020.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I believe that social media was a mistake. Not everyone is bad of course, but I feel like most of what social media brings is really scary and I am worried about the future.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

A lot of people really enjoy being rude. They enjoy laughing at others and talking about others. They enjoy feeling powerful as they get into their silly groups and make fun of someone. I won't let this control my life anymore. I am tired of bullies. I am tired of rudeness. I have trouble standing up for myself, but I'm going to try to stand up for what I believe in.