I'm scared to say

B

Bluebire

that I have PTSD. My counsellor diagnosed me last week and reading up on the symptoms it makes sense and in a way and it feels nice to know that what I'm feeling is normal given what happened to me.

However I can't tell anyone as I fear of being labelled and letting people down as everyone thinks I'm doing ok following what happened 12 months ago.

I'm sorry I've just joined this forum in the hope of being able to talk safely in the knowledge that nobody knows me.

J

Jezica

Hi. Im afraid i can't offer too much advice i just wanted to say you're so brave i understand not wanting to let people down but your family and friends will probably not be disappointed they'll be glad you told them and be there to support you and it will make it easier thsn going through this on your own. A diagnosis doesn't make you weak it means you're strong enough to fight it.
Good luck xx

B

Bluebire

Hi. Im afraid i can't offer too much advice i just wanted to say you're so brave i understand not wanting to let people down but your family and friends will probably not be disappointed they'll be glad you told them and be there to support you and it will make it easier thsn going through this on your own. A diagnosis doesn't make you weak it means you're strong enough to fight it.
Good luck xx
Thank you for Jezica for your kind words. I put my family through so much stress and worry last year (I had a severe seizure in my sleep and I had to be put in an induced coma) that I can't put them through anymore worry.

At the moment I have so many trigger points that bring everything back I just seem to get upset at things I handled with ease before. My poor dog is having to walk miles with me at the moment so I can escape and cry, although he never says no to a walk x