im scared that im growing up

Topcat

Topcat

I still don't feel like I've grown up even though I've done all those grown up things like having kids, a house, going to work etc. Sometimes it feels ridiculous that anybody let me do all those things. I think emotional immaturity kind of sticks with you whatever you do. Sometimes I don't know how to deal with mature themes in my life and it all makes me feel weird.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Me neither. I feel like a little child a lot of the time. The world feels very scary. Am hoping it wont feel so scary eventually

L

Lunar Lady

that CANT happen
You can take the positive aspects of being child-like forward into adulthood - excitement, wonderment, contentment and a limitless capacity to love...these are all qualities you can keep forever and it makes us joyous human beings.

L

Lunar Lady

...and don't forget:

No matter how 'adult' everybody else appears to you - we're all children in dress-up clothes really... ;)

M

Mary26

What does it mean to you to grow up? To me, being an adult meant freedom, autonomy and the beginning of a new chapter. I didn't know what was around the corner but I knew it had to be better. And it was.

Luci

Luci

I hate being an adult, it sucks! I have to be responsible for so much shit that makes me stressed and anxious!
I let my inner child out to play with other children. Singing, dancing, trampoline, the park.... fuck it! Be free! Take a leaf out of their book :D no one knows how to enjoy themselves better than children. Dont get me wrong, people will defo think I'm 'crazy' when I'm enjoying a day out with children. But I couldn't give a toss! I'll climb the slide, I'll roll down the bank, I'll race you to the next lamp post.... worth it :D

megirl

megirl

I never feel like a grown up. In my work the other nurse on the phone says ...my colleague here Ann can help you
I'm like wtf a nice thing to be called a colleague

Luci

Luci

I always think its weird when someone refers to me as the lady or the woman. I hated being called 'Miss' working in schools, don't know why? Because on the flip side when someone refers to me as a girl or assumes I'm my sons sister I become irritated aswell... can't win :LOL: #awkardbitch

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

...and don't forget:

No matter how 'adult' everybody else appears to you - we're all children in dress-up clothes really... ;)

i always got a weird pedo vibe from that video

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

we all grow up but if you can keep your inner child alive then you don't ever grow up fully :)