• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Im scared on my own - eek

T

TOONAFISH

hubby out with my son at a halloween disco. im thinking i can hear someone speaking, and seeing shadows. freakin out!! i hate the dark with a passion, and have been a bit stressed all week. this is what happens, i start imagining things, i have valium but there in the kitchen, dont want to go throooo.

anyone about to keep my mind occupied lol:unsure:

S

*Sapphire*

If I get a bit scared I put on all the lights and listen to some music I like, or read a book that is funny or watch something light hearted. Anything to distract myself from feeling scared and put me in a different frame of mind. :)

T

TOONAFISH

thanks sapphire. have been counting the money out of my bankie to take to the bank. kept me occupied. they are home now thnak you x

E

edmonmom

fear/delusions

I used to do mindless repitition ( solitare games etc)to keep myself in the "here and now" so I didn't give in and "go under".
Don't know if it will help anyone else. Anybody else do that?

jax

jax

I was going to say to turn on the lights too. Put on the telly or the radio. Call a friend - anything to distract yourself. x x x
Jacqui