• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm scared of the dark

D

Debaura500

In 2012 I was diagnosed with PTSD after a drug rape. After about a year everything settled down and I've not had the level of anxiety since until these past couple of months. I think it might be the shock of finding mum passed away.

T

toutatis

@Debaura500

Hey that's good that your improving. Really happy for you. It's not nice dealing with these kinds of things.

Thank you. To be honest with you, I don't think I have fully recovered because my whole life I've already had bad social anxiety which just seems to have gotten worse since my traumatic experience. A few years ago I sunk so low, and it's just been a daily battle to bring myself out of this difficult mental hole. But, like you friend, I'm seeing gradual improvement. I'd rather not talk about meds as it's not been such a positive experience - but now, I've settled at 40 mg of cetalopram, the highest dose.

G

GTP

In 2012 I was diagnosed with PTSD after a drug rape. After about a year everything settled down and I've not had the level of anxiety since until these past couple of months. I think it might be the shock of finding mum passed away.
Debaura,

In CBT , the technique proposed is to actually stay in the dark no matter how it feels. After you will relax, the fear will have passed.Talk to yourself about it.

D

Debaura500

Debaura,

In CBT , the technique proposed is to actually stay in the dark no matter how it feels. After you will relax, the fear will have passed.Talk to yourself about it.
Yes I've read about these techniques and I've tried a little bit but as I'm feeling slightly better I dont want to push myself too much at the moment. I'm just hoping the fear will go as I get better as it's only been a couple of months.

D

Debaura500

@Debaura500

Hey that's good that your improving. Really happy for you. It's not nice dealing with these kinds of things.

Thank you. To be honest with you, I don't think I have fully recovered because my whole life I've already had bad social anxiety which just seems to have gotten worse since my traumatic experience. A few years ago I sunk so low, and it's just been a daily battle to bring myself out of this difficult mental hole. But, like you friend, I'm seeing gradual improvement. I'd rather not talk about meds as it's not been such a positive experience - but now, I've settled at 40 mg of cetalopram, the highest dose.

Thank you. It's a hard thing to have to deal with and I'm pleased you are seeing a small improvement. I too am on citalapram. My GP has been good but it's difficult explaining such a thing down the phone as I tend to forget a lot and end up saying yes I'm fine!

D

Debaura500

I'm not scared of the dark anymore. Last night I dreamed I was a murderer