• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm scared of the dark

D

Debaura500

As soon as darkness hits it's game over I drink until I can no longer fear the fear

jajingna

jajingna

Dark, or nighttime? Darkness is easily fixed with some light, but there's no fix for night.

toutatis

toutatis

Yes, it's a very uncomfortable scary thing, fear of the dark. I was like that for a long time as well, but I'm lucky, I managed to overcome it by slowly trusting that whatever happens, I'm going to be okay. And that ties in with my spiritual side so might be quite an unhelpful tool for a lot of people.

But you're not alone in your fears, friend. That's one thing I do know.

(Trust the universe.)

R

Ray53

I prefer dark as its harder for anyone to see me and I can't see them.
If I go out walking in dark I can't have a torch as someone might be out there and now they know where I am.
I do hope u can feel better in the future at night.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

I prefer dark as its harder for anyone to see me and I can't see them.
If I go out walking in dark I can't have a torch as someone might be out there and now they know where I am.
I do hope u can feel better in the future at night.
I'm the same way. I have all the lights off in my house and I'll use small clip lights to read and write. If I go do something, I prefer night than day.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

As soon as darkness hits it's game over I drink until I can no longer fear the fear
Hi there.

I have PTSD and when my symptoms are in high gear I'm afraid of the dark.But usually only when I'm in bed and trying to sleep.

It helps if I keep the bedroom TV on all night. Or sometimes I keep earbuds in and listen to music. Other times all I need is a night light.

I have found that sleeping in full clothing (jeans,shirt,shoes,etc) makes me feel safer,so I do that if I'm having a rough time.

Have you talked to a professional about your fear? That might be a good idea.Have you been diagnosed with PTSD?

Hugs