• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm scared of meeting people

Linda1989

Linda1989

Every time someone smile or tries to talk to me I get very nervous. I think its my fear of rejection. When I was in school kids stop being friends with me because of other kids not liking me. I had a hard time in school and home, my parents neglected me and kind of abuse me verbally. I use talk to much when I was younger and people would walk away with out saying goodbye. I was treated like dirt back than and still is now. The problem is people just don't like me period they always have something negative to say about me, I can be in a room minding my own business and someone would say I dont like her. Maybe I dont have a good presence. Everyone likes my mom only if they knew what kind a person she is on the inside, My mother is not a good person neither is my father they always talk real nice to people outside the house. I feel like the victim. I dont know what to do, Im obese from the medication and living on ssi scared to get a job. I just feel stuck I feel broken beyond repair, I want to change. Any advice

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Linda. I do not believe nobody likes you. I can understand you feeling that way due to your past experiences. When bullied and abused it is so difficult to reach out to others and form friendships. Have you ever had therapy for social anxiety? It may help.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi. I appreciate how open you were, talking about what scares you and how you've been treated poorly by people. That sucks. I don't think you deserve to be treated like dirt.

You know, when you wrote that you get nervous when people talk to you it reminded me of me. I would reject people before they could reject me, it made sense. It's how I survived painful times in my life.

So I wondered, if you were not thinking about getting hurt when people tried talking to you, what thoughts might cross your mind when someone new started talking to you?

Linda1989

Linda1989

Hi. I appreciate how open you were, talking about what scares you and how you've been treated poorly by people. That sucks. I don't think you deserve to be treated like dirt.

You know, when you wrote that you get nervous when people talk to you it reminded me of me. I would reject people before they could reject me, it made sense. It's how I survived painful times in my life.

So I wondered, if you were not thinking about getting hurt when people tried talking to you, what thoughts might cross your mind when someone new started talking to you?
When someone new start talking me i get really scated hoping they will like me, i do have social anxiety .