• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i'm scared of meeting my online friends in real life

meromrphc

meromrphc

hey.

i started being active on online forums and communities last year, after my boyfriend of 2 years cheated on me. he had been my first time, my first everything and i had imagined a future with him, so when he left me i felt really lost. so i started occupying my time by living my life online.
i'll be moving abroad in a couple of months so the majority of my friends are in this country (the one i'll be moving to). i have a boyfriend i met online in this country as well.
i should be excited but i'm terrified i'll disappoint them, and that they won't like me in real life. especially for my boyfriend, who i've learned to depend on a lot over the past year. we've video called a lot but i still feel like i'm uglier irl, that he will not love me irl, and things like that..

C

celticlass

How exciting that you are moving to a new country! Very brave of you. Sure you will have an amazing voyage of discovery x Re the boyfriend I would try not to have too high hopes of it and that way you will not be disappointed. Turn it round to say in real.life I may not want a romantic relationship with him! If you handle it carefully.and with respect for each other at the least you may find yourself a good male friend in a foreign land. Just my thoughts. Very good luck to you 🙂

meromrphc

meromrphc

How exciting that you are moving to a new country! Very brave of you. Sure you will have an amazing voyage of discovery x Re the boyfriend I would try not to have too high hopes of it and that way you will not be disappointed. Turn it round to say in real.life I may not want a romantic relationship with him! If you handle it carefully.and with respect for each other at the least you may find yourself a good male friend in a foreign land. Just my thoughts. Very good luck to you 🙂
thank u, ill keep that in mind. ill try to stay positive ahah

P

Purpleplum

If they like you, they like you. If they don't, do you really want THEM? Do you like yourself? If you do, then you know you're a likeable person and that those who don't like you are the ones missing out.

As far as worrying about your looks, how do you know HE won't disappoint YOU? Remember, he should be be impressing you.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I can understand that fear, looks should not matter to anyone :hug:

if they judge you on looks, you are better off not having them around :hug: