• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I'm scared of getting sun on my face or neck for years. The reason is I heard in ages the skin. Could that be considered a phobia?

B

bluestar ocean

I lived in California and after a few years there I heard more about the sun so I decided to never have my face and the sun or my neck if I could. That was 20 years ago I've still done this ritual work phobia of the sun. I'm so scared of aging. But could that be hey

B

BoringBoris

It may be a phobia. Sun exposure is good for you in so many ways, but like so many things, only when done in excess it becomes a problem.

jajingna

jajingna

There is a word for fear of sunlight. Heliophobia. Of course some sun exposure is good for us.

P

Purpleplum

You share that fear with many other people in the world who don't want to age and lose their looks which the sun has a big impact on.

With media bombarding people to look young at all costs, it's no wonder you've developed these fears. I know people under age 30 who think they need Botox thanks to what media tells us.