I'm scared of becoming anorexic again

freddiefreakery

freddiefreakery

When I was 16, I stopped eating almost completely. I felt awful about my body and I only ate once or twice a week. I nearly fainted everyday, just moving exhausted me. Now, I'm on a bunch of medications that increase my appetite and make me gain weight, so I'm becoming very self conscious again. I always think about stopping eating, the only reason I haven't yet is because now I get so hungry that it's painful. If my hunger gets under control and I don't feel like I have to eat all the time, I know I'll probably lose control and stop eating again. Does anybody have any advice? I need to stop eating so much, but I want to do it in a safe way.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm on meds that increase my appetite to, I'm losing weight healthy.
You could eat low-calorie foods if your overweight.
Discuss your worries with your GP/physiatrist.
Here to listen.
Take care

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,i don't know much about anorexia ,though my best ,only friend really ,at school had it
all i can say is i will be there for you

please don't stop eating again ,you are very precious to this world and we wouldn't want to lose you
love Lu x

freddiefreakery

freddiefreakery

Thank you so much Lucretia, I'll do my best. I appreciate your support, love. :hug:

F

Forevertrying

I am so sorry your dealing with this. It's completely understandable that this loss of control is pushing you to so something that makes you feel in control. I don't want to go into detail here on my experience. But I'm 28 and was eating disorder from the age of 13. It never leaves you even when you recovered. You just have to keep on top of it. And I'm so proud of you that you noticed these feelings your having before it was to late. That is inspiring. My inbox is open if you want to talk. Please see your doctor and tell them how your feeling.

Anon_21

Anon_21

I have experienced the same, freddiefreakery. Starting an antidepressant years ago stopped my eating disorder (both by increasing my appetite and curbing the emotions that made me stop eating), but then I was left with much more weight than I was comfortable with. You dont have to be overweight to feel like you are fat, but I hope you can realize that you are still a wonderful person and that you are not defined by your physical appearance. Perhaps you could keep a food journal, plan out meals carefully, or work out some of those feelings through exercise. If nothing else, we are here to support you as well. Best wishes :)

G

goodgollymiss

Rainbow trout and salmon are good and have healthy brain fats. Quinoa is also very healthy and has easy to digest protein. There are quinoa burgers in some areas

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
If you are on number of meds you could just slowly come off the meds to see if you weight stabilises and if you start to lose weight then go back on them at a lower dose.
Are you having therapy as well at the meds?
Speak to your doctor about your worries as should have a plan in place for when you gain enough weight.

O

Onedayatatime73

I hope you and your doctor can find a solution together. Are you in therapy? You may find that useful. All my best!