• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm scared I'm not going to still be here when my pdoc gets back from leave..

M

mumdownunder

I'm scared I'm not going to still be here when my pdoc gets back from leave..

So as the title says I'm scared I'm not going to be alive by the time my pdoc gets back from leave. I'm scared, panicked and suicidal.

Any other time he's taken leave I've had this weird loyalty to him that I wouldn't harm myself when he is away as he deserves to have time off without his patients killing themselves when he needs time off. But this time I just don't care and there's nothing that can help keep me safe

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I do really hope you can keep yourself safe while he is away MDU.

You are so much stronger than you think :hug1:

xxx

katya

katya

So as the title says I'm scared I'm not going to be alive by the time my pdoc gets back from leave. I'm scared, panicked and suicidal.

Any other time he's taken leave I've had this weird loyalty to him that I wouldn't harm myself when he is away as he deserves to have time off without his patients killing themselves when he needs time off. But this time I just don't care and there's nothing that can help keep me safe
You can do this. Imagine how happy your PDOC will be once he comes back from leave and you're still there, fighting the good fight. :)

Please talk to us if you need support. We're here to get you through this.

:hug1:

M

mumdownunder

I'm so so scared... I don't think I can do this any longer.

katya

katya

I'm so so scared... I don't think I can do this any longer.
You can; I know it's hard, but you can. Please be kind to yourself right now. Don't sit there fretting about something that hasn't happened yet. Is there anything you could do to distract yourself? Netflix box-set maybe? I'd recommend It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - hilariously funny and outrageous. Or RuPaul's Drag Race, like America's Next Top Model but for drag queens. That really lifts my spirits.

Thinking about you. :hug1:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You know we are all here for you MDU and we certainly want to do out best to keep you safe.

Can you try and make a appointment for the day he comes back so you have that day to fight for? How long is he off for?

xxx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

sending you all my love xx everyone here is there for you xx please keep safe while your pdoc is away xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Is there anyone else you can see/call, sounds like backup is needed for when he's away and you need to let someone know how you're feeling? I'm sorry things are so very tough, I hope you can stay safe. Are there things that work to distract you, or lessen the feelings of panic? Your equivalent of Samaritans any use? I hope you will be ok mdu x

M

mumdownunder

Thanks everyone. I'm still feeling overwhelmed with everything but for tonight at least I'm safe

katya

katya

Thanks everyone. I'm still feeling overwhelmed with everything but for tonight at least I'm safe
That's really great to hear. Please keep us updated if you feel able. We're here if you need to talk.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:( sorry you are on your own, that is the worse thing for you at the moment.

Always here for you as well as the rest of the forum.

:hug5:

xxx