• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Im sally and im new

sallyG

sallyG

Hello to everyone..firstly if my post seems messed up its because i have real trouble articulating what i want to say...i blame that on my medications of risperidone and fluoxetine.

im 43 and am a long term mental health service user.I have been diagnosed with anxiety and agrophobia, depression and schizophrenia.Im very isolated..i have a very loving family which includes my husband and two delightful teenagers.How they put up with me i dont know.:redface:

Ive joined this forum to help me understand my illness better and to make new friends as the isolation is dreadful. I manage to leave my home roughly once every two weeks to do my food shopping..if anything needs getting during the week my kids or hubby will pick things up from the supermarket which is only a ten minute walk from my home. I dont have a CPN but have been referred to the community mental health team to see what help they can give me but not knowing what resources they have i am unsure of what help to ask for.all i know is that i hate leaving my home and will do anything within my power not to leave it...because of my anxiety. I dont like using public transport so whenever i do leave my home i take a taxi which is really limiting as they are so expensive
I suffer with suicidal thoughts often which is incredibly stressful and debilitating and im a voice hearer.
not much else really to say about myself..nothing of any interest anyway.Hope that i can help anyone in even a small way just by being here to listen.
regards
sally.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum Sally.:welcome:

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Sally

And :welcome: to the forum!
There is a wealth of knowledge, support and experience to be found here! :)

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: Sally,

I'm also a voice hearer

Hope you find some help and comfort here
KS

sallyG

sallyG

thank you to all of you for the very warm welcome..much appreciated:)

L

lonelyandlost

Hi sally
Welcome to the site, hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I have

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Sally. Welcome to the forum! :flowers: You're not alone.
welcomebadge.png

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
Hi sally, i think the forum will you feel less isolated it's a great place to chat about stuff that's serious and stuf that's fun :) btw i hear voices too sometimes

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Hey Sally :D

I hope you like it here, thanks for replying in my thread :)

You seem like a really nice person, I hope I can get to know you more :)

PM me anytime.

Emily.x