• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm sad and lonely.

S

Star20

I have never had many friends because people don't really understand me. I don't really have anyone i can talk to. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach, its horrible.

I'm sick of wearing a mask and pretending to be happy, why is it when my brain suddenly starts to feel somthing after days of nothing I feel sad and lonely. Why for once couldn't I feel happy.

More than anything I just want someone to understand me. I want someone who I can talk to who won't judge me for what I say then maybe i could drop my walls without fear. I have no friend and i feel pathetic for it. I feel so much older than twenty one, I feel like I have been alive far too long. I feel tired.

Love Star x

D

DANIELLE92

I know exactly how you feel. I'm going through the same thing now. This lockdown has made it worse. It's caused anxiety and overthinking. I'm also feeling more alone than ever.

It's the worst when people keep telling me how to feel or that there are lots of people going through it.

It just shows that they don't care to listen. I'm surrounded with others but still feel alone. I guess we have to be strong for ourselves.

We can only count on ourselves in this world

bpd2020

bpd2020

Star, I am so sorry you are feeling lonely. 21 is still very young. It can take time to find nice people. I am only now finding nice people and I am a lot older then you. Continue to post on here. You will find a lot of support and may make friends.

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

I have no friend and i feel pathetic for it. I feel so much older than twenty one, I feel like I have been alive far too long.
Hi, when I was 21, I felt myself pathetic for lack of friends too. Through the years it stopped. I felt myself older ALWAYS, from early childhood. It is important to not only looking for friends but also building your own strong self-esteem.

T

treasurebox

You will be able to find good friends. You were created to have good relationships. Be true to yourself. You do not need to wear a mask. The maker of the universe has set some people to become your friends.

Whenever I feel sad, I listen to good, positive, inspirational and happy music. You can find them all in youtube. I listen to them everday or as often as needed.

Helping other people has also made me happy. Giving a little advice here in this forum has helped me too. Think and find ways to help somebody in need. Responding to a need will make you happy.

What are you good at? Do it. I love writing and so I write. What do you doing? Do it. It will make you happy and fulfilled. Some like arts and crafts, cooking, baking....

Enjoy your life. You were made to enjoy life and be happy.

K

karl7

I have never had many friends because people don't really understand me. I don't really have anyone i can talk to. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach, its horrible.

I'm sick of wearing a mask and pretending to be happy, why is it when my brain suddenly starts to feel somthing after days of nothing I feel sad and lonely. Why for once couldn't I feel happy.

More than anything I just want someone to understand me. I want someone who I can talk to who won't judge me for what I say then maybe i could drop my walls without fear. I have no friend and i feel pathetic for it. I feel so much older than twenty one, I feel like I have been alive far too long. I feel tired.

Love Star x
hey star, i relate. have you ever thought of joining a mental health club.....mental health clubs are places where mentally ill folk can go to participate in art creative writing, yoga or group therapy or else just dropi n for a chat......these places will help you......im a member of one and find the people nice caring humble folk.....just ask your mentall health team or google

A

Another Maniac

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I'm sure you have many admirable qualities that would make you a great friend. As someone has mentioned before 21 is still young. You still have time to make good, life-long friends. If you're still feeling lonely, I'm happy for you to message me for a chat.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi star,
Welcome to the forum
I'm sorry your feeling lonely, has this suddenly happened or have you been feeling this way for a while?
21 is a hard age, your still finding your way in life.
Hugs

K

Kittylove

Hi Star, you're not pathetic! It is actually hard to find people with common interests/qualities. I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. :hug:

M

Mert

You are not alone. I dont have friends either and feel sad and lonely too. Have you tried zoom meetings with NAMI? I do 2 a week and they help me a lot. You can also go to recovery international meetings by phone, online or chat. They teach you coping tools for mental illnesses of all types. I hope these ideas help you. Mert :) :hug: