• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm sad and I don't know why

S

SicklyBloom

This seems abrupt and I don't want to seem like there's always something wrong, but hear me out. I've been experiencing overwhelming sadness out of nowhere and have no one to talk to about it. I don't feel comfortable telling my parents or my brother because I don't want to worry them. I just feel like everything's out of my control and I want to live my life without feeling like something bad is going to happen. I feel emotionally drained.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Are there specific things that might be making you sad?

Maybe you could try and paint it or write a poem about how you feel. Sometimes I search pinterest so type Sorrow art. Images help me recognise it.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Hi there,

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Some days I feel incredibly low and don't always know how to shake it. Sometimes I can tell what's wrong, but other times it just hits out of nowhere. Have you considered talking to your GP or perhaps a counsellor about any of this? You might be surprised to discover some underlaying emotions you had no idea were there, at least that's what's happened in my experience. I hope you start to feel better soon x

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am really sorry you are feeling so sad. It is an awful feeling and it can be hard to pin point why. Maybe if you think carefully you may be able to see if anything triggered it. Usually with bpd we do feel sad but sometimes there is a trigger.

M

MouthyOne

Hi there,

Where do you think the sadness is coming from? Helping to pinpoint may help you understand and have a plan in place for it.

I do understand the not wishing to worry however these feelings are quite normal as we are human after all.

S

SicklyBloom

Hi there,

Where do you think the sadness is coming from? Helping to pinpoint may help you understand and have a plan in place for it.

I do understand the not wishing to worry however these feelings are quite normal as we are human after all.
From what I've contemplated, it comes from feeling like the world is moving too fast and wanting to jump off of it. I'm afraid of growing older because I'm just starting adulthood and it fills me with nothing but anxiety. Something about adulthood feels colder and less compassionate. I'm afraid of losing my loved ones someday and how much it would crush me. I hate feeling like a constant disappointment to myself and others. I wish I could just slow down life and take it all in without needing permission. I'm sad because I still feel very much like a child and I'm scared nobody will want to protect me because they're selfish.