• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Im really struggling

Hyena

Hyena

Im really struggling at the moment im working 5 days a week and the hours are terrible. I dont have time for anything or anyone. I feel my life is just going past. Im struggling with covid life is changing my anxietyis terrible feel like i can't breathe my body aches i feel so exhausted. I feel like im not sleeping my dreams are so vivid and im waking up sweating. I feel like ending it all my sucide thoughts are increasing my heart is beating so fast feel like crying all the time. I hate my job i hate my life my family are supportive. I dont talk to my mum or dad. I dont know what to do. I feel suffocated and unhappy i dont see a way out.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Hyena. It sounds like you have a lot going on. I can understand why you are feeling anxious. Have you spoken to your GP about how anxious you are feeling?

Hyena

Hyena

No i haven't i don't find them helpful. I'm scared that they will sign me off and my employer won't be happy, ive only been there since may and already taken a couple of days off sick. I'm just in a cycle im exhausted i feel like crying all the time. I cant cope anymore. I work in care and have to restrain which I'm finding difficult and i feel bad im still trying to learn it all. I just feel like and awful person and alone and i feel that i annoy everyone and feel useless.

bpd2020

bpd2020

You do not have to be signed off if you do not want to. The GP cannot force you. Please do not think you are awful. You cannot help feeling anxious. Struggling does not make you a bad person at all.

Hyena

Hyena

Thankyou for your kind words. I feel so anxious at the moment at the moment my heart is beating so fast, i feel sick and cant stop shaking.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It's a difficult but important job, you are doing so well and will improve as time goes by.

When is your next annual leave? Some people space it out to make sure they have something to look forward to.

Are you eating healthily? That will help. Vitamin D many people take this time of year due to lack of sunlight.

D

Dispatch

Hi hyena ... I have anxiety too ... earlier had a 3 hr phone call (s) with social security and by the end my anxiety was high, so while doing some deep breathing to try and relax I tried breathing in deep but this time I decided to fill my stomach then hold and exhale. This seemed to be a much better way than how I was usually doing it which is fill up my chest. Anyways I noticed it felt like my whole torso relaxed this time which in turn helped with my anxiety. Don’t know if this will help but. ...

A

Am33

We create are anxiety I go through that too , but I know I we can relieve are anxiety too many tools out there. You tube high hertz music I stick a earplug in and listen to it . Affirmations when you have a chance just 15 mins makes a big difference .Visualizations I picture a rough storm
on the ocean . I am sitting on a beach and pulling on the water like a sheet until it is perfectly calm . Listen to Om Mani Padma Hum on you tube it will calm you down. When you feel the anxiety just imagine you are gathering it up and you are crumbling it up like a piece of paper into a ball and then you throw it at the sun to dissolve it.

H

huntsman

You should at least talk to someone, it doesn't have to be your GP, even though I would recommend it.

And your anxiety doesn't make you a bad person... I get that feeling too sometimes. But it just isn't true.

Hyena

Hyena

I have a job interview on Monday over the phone feeling very nervous never done one over the phone before. I'm anxious about handing my notice in what will they say..will they be mad. I have only been working since may but I'm really not happy there. I'm struggling so much I worked a shift yesterday and everyone is chatting together and don't chat to me.