• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm pretty sures it's a physical health problem I have

J

Johntron9999

I wanted to believe my chronic shortness of breath was anxiety because I'm in my 30s and somewhat young still but I need opinions. If I ride my bike I don't choke for air because when biking I'm hunched over. Simply walking WILL make me out of breath literally just walking 1 minute and I'm only 200 pounds! Not really obese. I use to be able to run up all the stairs I wanted 2 years ago. Now just walking I choke for air, get lightheaded and start twitching my left arm. EKG said I was fine. Same with blood test but come on something is wrong and this can't just be anxiety. I'm thinking GERD, thyroid, lung or heart, blood clot or a blood sugar issue. Even those the blood test said I'm not diabetic. Medical health is failing me and I need to reach out to as many as possable

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Have you had a pulmonary function test done?

B

Black Despondency

Have you had your trachea/lungs checked out?

J

Johntron9999

Do you smoke? I do. and I could also run stairs but it has caught up with me. I, too, am short of breath walking anywhere.
i have never smoked in my life. there is something really abnormal about my shortness of breath for someone whos an average size like me tho

J

Johntron9999

i havent had my windpipe chequed but i did do a lung test and i am waiting for the results!

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze