• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm overdue for a shower

D

DSwole

Does anyone else have a hard time getting themselves to take a shower? I've lost track when was the last time I showered. It just seems like extra work that I don't have the motivation or energy for. My wife wants me to take a shower.
I have a hard time getting in the shower too! I fhink it has to do with having a lack of motivation. My appearance has deteriorated over the past year or so. I am not happy with my physical appearance bc I have lost a lot of my hair and gained a lot of weight. My hair is so unhealthy and i just don't feel like dealing with trying to make it look decent so i wash it maybe once a week. Also, since gaining all this weight i dont have very many clothes that fit me. So its a constant struggle to find something to wear. My clothes are not organized very well cuz i live on my sister's couch right now.

D

DSwole

Clozapine helps with the negative symptoms for me. Neglecting your appearance is also a symptom for many other mental illness, including schizophrenia.
Yep i took clozapine and unfortunately it didnt help. I have been diagnosed by my previous doc with schizoeffective disorder my current doc hasn't diagnosed me yet. I think i have schizophrenia cuz i have all the symptoms of the illness. I really don't want to believe i am schizophrenic and my voices tell me im not they are just making it look like i am to scare me and make me believe that i am not gonna have any chance of leading a normal life. They told me things are gonna get so much worse for me and they have.I am disgusted with myself. I am not in control of my own body and mind anymore and this really scares me. Maybe they will lay off if i i stop drinking. I do it out of boredom. I don't even get a buzz or get drunk from it anymore. It's really pointless but i cant stop for some reason.

A

aisha23

Does anyone else have a hard time getting themselves to take a shower? I've lost track when was the last time I showered. It just seems like extra work that I don't have the motivation or energy for. My wife wants me to take a shower.

I can't count the times I've had this issue

with me: it's not a case of not wanting to be clean, or wanting to get ill, it's a case of.... why?

I would understand if I had an important meeting or I need to be at an airport, even if people came round to see me, but I don't understand... just because it says in the handbook you have to do it

I try to do it, because I like to smell nice (I love my perfumes, too) but it's so ugg

pointless sometimes

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Yes, I have so little energy lately I don't have the motivation to do much. Its like is taking a shower energy wothy ?