• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

I'm on borrowed time

B

BPB1984

I've been suffering from depression for 15 years, been there and done that with every treatment going with no success.

I've never attempted suicide but I've been close but I've never been brave enough to take the final step.

One day I will take that final step though, it's inevitable...there's only so many times a person can be in that state of mind without acting on it.

It might happen during this current episode, it might happen during the next but I can't imagine that I'll be enduring another 15 years of dealing with depression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jbb79

Jbb79

That being said, I've Heard many people who Thought killing them-selves Would help - - Then a Few years later, They're Really happy x xx Don't Do it, You'll Regret it <3 <3

B

BPB1984

Been there, done that with all the help available. It works for some people but it hasn't worked for me. Not being alive is unfortunately the only solution some of us have.

vanish

vanish

I've been at rock bottom several times when I thought dying would be my only way out. Just remember - suicide is a permanent solution to what is eventually seen as a temporary problem. Don't cheat yourself out of life. When you're at the bottom you can only go up.
Please seek assistance.

B

BPB1984

There's 2 options

1. Endure it for the rest of my life
2. Take necessary action to ensure I don't have to endure it for the rest of my life

There's literally no other options.

B

BPB1984

But I've been dealing with this for 15 years, it's not temporary. I need a permanent solution.

B

BPB1984

What help could there possibly be that I haven't already tried and that's not worked?
I think we all know there's no magic switch to turn depression off. It's there for life, so when all other options have been explored (I have explored and done everything in terms of treatment) what other solution is there aside from not being here?

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Been there, done that with all the help available. It works for some people but it hasn't worked for me. Not being alive is unfortunately the only solution some of us have.
Tell me about the treatments you've tried, please? Medication, therapy - which ones? Did some work but stopped being effective?