• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm off antidepressants by coincidence....

J

Johntron9999

I was on SSRIs for years until one day they stopped altogether. Tried a few other SSRIs and I wasn't any better. So I stopped taking them to see if maybe SSRIs were causing depression ( had no real belief they Were causing depression) all and all I still feel depressed and no improvement there but I noticed I have more feelings and I can cry again. Antidepressants really can numb ur emotions. Currently try a host of suppliments from ginko, omega3, to magnesium etc etc. Trying to figure out why in my case depression started. Anyone take accutane?? I think it's possable it has alot of bad effects

M

Mikefeelbad

I was on SSRIs for years until one day they stopped altogether. Tried a few other SSRIs and I wasn't any better. So I stopped taking them to see if maybe SSRIs were causing depression ( had no real belief they Were causing depression) all and all I still feel depressed and no improvement there but I noticed I have more feelings and I can cry again. Antidepressants really can numb ur emotions. Currently try a host of suppliments from ginko, omega3, to magnesium etc etc. Trying to figure out why in my case depression started. Anyone take accutane?? I think it's possable it has alot of bad effects
Fuck it, I ate SNRI one year before and came off it two weeks , My brain seems to be stop working. So that I need to take it back but it seems not get better. I am scare that it hurt my brain😢

Catty5

Catty5

Hi
Hope your condition will improve.

It seems very hard to say what’s going on in your brain right now. I don’t think SSRIs cause depression but academic articles suggest they modulate receptors in our brain even a short time use.

My depression started from “antidepressant withdrawal” since I quit Lexapro 2 years ago. Lexapro was still working.

But I now know how slow the brain will regain equilibrium once it’s messed up. I’m just thinking I have to let my brain recover itself. It just takes time.... I don’t know how long my brain needs it...

I’m also taking fish oil, VitaminB complex, VitaminD and multivitamin etc as supplements hoping they will work for my brain in a long run.

And I agree with you. Antidepressant numbs our emotions and feelings. I’m basically a pretty calm and detached person. But i still think Lexapro modulated me further more.

I feel your frustration....

J

Johntron9999

Hi
Hope your condition will improve.

It seems very hard to say what’s going on in your brain right now. I don’t think SSRIs cause depression but academic articles suggest they modulate receptors in our brain even a short time use.

My depression started from “antidepressant withdrawal” since I quit Lexapro 2 years ago. Lexapro was still working.

But I now know how slow the brain will regain equilibrium once it’s messed up. I’m just thinking I have to let my brain recover itself. It just takes time.... I don’t know how long my brain needs it...

I’m also taking fish oil, VitaminB complex, VitaminD and multivitamin etc as supplements hoping they will work for my brain in a long run.

And I agree with you. Antidepressant numbs our emotions and feelings. I’m basically a pretty calm and detached person. But i still think Lexapro modulated me further more.

I feel your frustration....
Time and more time. I had a similar issue. When I took celexa it worked great for months so I stopped taking it thinking I was better. Went back on it and it never worked that good again. So weird and confusing it boggles ur mind why these things happen....Sonu have ur hobbies and interests back now that prozac has helped u?

Catty5

Catty5

Yes
Once worked Lexapro will never work for me again. Fluoxetine seems working very slowly but not like the first time when I took a brand Prozac. I was on Prozac only for several months 25 years ago.

Blooming

Blooming

I am satisfied with my SSRIs, but you are right. They "can numb ur emotions". I feel, however, that what I have got is better than what I have lost.

Hope it continues to go well for you without meds! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Depression Forum 9
G Depression Forum 7
C Depression Forum 12
Anxiety girl 84 Depression Forum 27
SicklyBloom Depression Forum 6