• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm odd

B

Blackrose09

What most people find interesting and talk about I find not interesting at all.
I have no subject to talk about with most people. I will be forever a loner and that s ok.
I can act very strange too. I discover more about how I am becauae I changed to much in the last years. And I don't like what I discover.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I feel the same way as you do about myself. Maybe it is because we have such traumatic thoughts and we feel so sad. I always like to talk to you. I think you are an interesting person.

jajingna

jajingna

I'm odd too. But am I odder than others? I don't know. Lots of people are weird in my opinion.

B

Blackrose09

I feel the same way as you do about myself. Maybe it is because we have such traumatic thoughts and we feel so sad. I always like to talk to you. I think you are an interesting person.
I didn't know you feel the same :hug:
Yes mood swing too added to traumatic thoughts and sadness.

G

goodgollymiss

I just try to fake it till I make it. Some attitudes and emotions can be grafted or learned. I find that distractions are the worst part of it

B

Blackrose09

Some attitudes and emotions can be grafted or learned.
Right. Good luck.
I don't know if I'm still capable of learning.
It would be great if I can lower my daily stress and I would be more stable to do this.

P

Purpleplum

Everyone is strange....just get to know the person better and you'll discover it.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yes I think more people probably feel the way you do than you would ever imagine. Would it make you feel different to think that everyone around you feels that they are strange too? xo, j

OddballOut

OddballOut

And I don't like what I discover
I'm sorry you feel this way. Is it cognitive distortions that make you not like what you discover? Are you focussing in too hard on negative aspects and not as much on your strengths?

I have never valued being "a sheep". I have always liked that I'm odd, in an arrogant, probably not so healthy kind of way.

I know that very few people are able to see the world as I do. People I talk to tend to be very black and white and I live in the grey. But I feel sorry for people who can't be open minded, for people who don't realize how much the world changes and sad for people who have nothing but frilly garbage to talk about. They're boring.

I don't know. We all have our quirks. And of course you're able to still learn. I agree it would help to lower daily stresses. Any idea how you could do that?
Are there small things you can let go of still? Like for me, I have to not stress so much about cleaning my house "right now!!" the way I was taught growing up.
And some projects have to wait or I don't have energy for what I need to do.

Anything like that to lessen the stress?
Are you able to fit self-care into your day?

I hope some of this is useful for you. Take what is, leave the rest.

Hang in there. :)