Im Oak, new here

O

Oaakj

hi, I’m new on here just wanted to know if people experience similar things that I do and how they deal with some of them, or if I’m just rlly weird lol

O

Oaakj

Hi, I created this post not long ago- pasting it here.

Hi, I am new to this website, I wanted to get some answers from other people about if they experience this or what it might be?
I really really hate people touching me or my things most of the time, with some exceptions, my parents I don’t mind, or my boyfriend, but only if they are “clean”? Which to me means they haven’t touched anyone or anything who I don’t like touching my things. The thought of people coming to my house and sitting on my sofa or using my towel in the bathroom, touching my tv remotes etc makes me so incredibly anxious and makes me feel sick to an extent! The thought of someone going into my bedroom or even touching my bedding don’t even go there. To compensate for it, because i live with my boyfriend and he likes to have people over sometimes, I find that I have to wash all the cushion covers on the sofa and vacuum and wipe everything over- but in my mind it isn’t an actual bacteria phobia, in my mind I just hate the thought of people touching the things. It makes me have panic attack’s and go out of my way to not sit in the same place I know they have sat or not step without socks on at the least etc. I know that they can’t hurt me but i feel anxious/ unsafe/ worried and angry just at the thought of it which i cannot explain because it sounds ridiculous and even if i did, I cannot stop people coming over or make them understand it. I would happily go to someone else’s house, but when I come back I will shower or at the least change my clothes to avoid what I’d consider “cross contamination”.

Please someone let me know if they experience anything similar, and if so what they do to cope?