• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

im not very well at the moment

Z

Zoe1

its all the you know what business
isolation and stuff and I'm not even in isolation yet

I think the virus is a load of old bollroves
as my dad would put it
although he doesnt think so

like many you I have lost all the activities
that usually keep me well
although there might be some other things
that are still open I'm looking into

because without all that effort and distraction
I'm sorry I'm not likely to be on very good form

someone said its funny how the crisis
has chimed in with the change of weather ...

:grouphug: 🌻🍀:)🌅

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Zoe1, I like and respect you honey and please don't take this personally but I do think your being a bit selfish about a situation that is a global problem at the moment. Everyone accross the world is having to adapt to the problem even those of us with MH problems. The country is on the equivalent of a war footing, Boris and a bunch of old capitalists like the Tories wouldn't spend this amount of cash if it wasn't a real problem, trust me.

The virus is not crap, it comes from to many people in the world and someone consuming a slightly moldy bat or something similar. Try and stay off the more "David Icke" sections of the internet, those fuckers have no qualms about messing with the heads of the mentally ill for the sake of their own egos.

I know we fell out a bit a while back but I do genuinely like you and I'm not the sort of person to hold a grudge. This business is stressing everyone at the moment even those without MH problems. Here to talk if you need to honey or listen if you just want to vent a lot of us can relate to you right now. XX.

wollie

wollie

as my dad would put it

Hi Zoe I have lost all my activities I only get out of the house for 4 hrs a week, absolutly sweet F**ck all to do, Im climbing up the wall.
Sorry you are feeling it too.
All the best woolie.

W

Worriedyin

Hi Zoe,

Can you still make social plans and see the people who normally go to the activities with you, if you're friends?

I'm planning on lunch tomorrow with a friend - make the most of it before the pubs / cafes / restaurants actually do all shut!

The parks round here are still open, weather has been brilliant as well - think national trust has opened all their parks for free with free parking if you drive or know anyone who fancies a bit of a walk, all the buildings are shut though.

It's hard going but everyone is in the same boat! Chin up and hope you feel a bit more optimistic soon.

E

EstherRose94

Hi Zoe! I know it stinks to stay home. You remind me personality-wise of one of my good friends. She’s also very bubbly and likes to keep busy. I think she’s panicking a little too. We’ve talked about keeping in touch through Skype. That’s a good option, to make meet ups and clubs or whatever virtual when possible. You can also still go for a walk outside! I told my grandma that, she can’t get around super well, but she’s hoping to at least take a little walk in her yard. I feel bad for her too, she likes to go out and see friends and do shopping and stuff and I’m just like I feel awful telling you this but you should try to stay away from stores and stuff. She’s 75 though and definitely at risk. Hopefully this social distancing doesn’t last too long but we just need to take it one day at a time. I’m still seeing my bf and my parents and sister but I’m trying not to see my grandparents so far. I don’t want to get them sick.

Z

Zoe1

thankyou guys, your replies mean alot to me

actually there was someone I was meaning to phone
to meet up , pretty sure she feels the way I do

and if not then Skype yes

really great replies !

:grouphug: 🌅 :) 🌻 🍀

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@wollie, @Zoe1 and everyone else, I know what you mean, I don't really go out that much but I usually go out to the shops a couple of times a day and have a bit of a chit chat with the assistants. I'm not even doing that because of the crazy, panic buying hordes ravaging the stores at the moment, I've been going in when they open. Unless your in london the predicted virus peak is around June so instead of shopping day to day but instead of buying day to day as I usually do I've been buying a little bit extra and slowly building up a stock in case I need to isolate, I find this every man for himself attitude that people have been taking sociaaly irrrresponsible but being caged up is getting to me. My neghbour was shouting bloody loudly into his phone because of bad signal, you heard him all the way out of the block and accross the car park, I was feeling anxious due to too much coffee and being inside and it really annoyed me, I thought of phoning the CMHT and venting at the duty worker but in the end I just went on the Xbox and took my aggression out on a few Zombies, it worked, no one got any extra stress but a few pixels and electrons got inconvenienced!

Guys and ladies at the best of times most of us have to distract ourselves from our thoughts and feelings, now even more so. Find something to Channel your energies into it's going to be a long haul. One positive out of this is I've been spending some time with my new guild in Elder Scrolls Online they seem like a nice bunch and I've made some new in game and riding my horse through the forests of Glenumbra in the game does seem relaxing if I can dodge the monsters, Glenumbra is very green which is a relaxing colour.

I'm off to burgle King Casimir's Castle in the city of Daggerfall, I'm low on gold pieces and need a new outfit, my armour set looks atrocious and I need a better outfit! While I maybe only a lowly Dark Elf Thief in the game, I'm one with style! :D. Catch you all in a bit. :).

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

as my dad would put it

I saw this title as I was logging out last night...but I was so very tired. I've been wondering about you lately actually as I haven't seen you on as much, and I'm sorry to hear you're not very well right now...although it sounds like you were in better spirits later in this post/the morning. I am upset about this whole ordeal too, so I try to avoid as much news about it as possible. Obviously though, we have to be aware to be cautious and safe. And now this isolation is affecting me too. My hubby is working from home, which as much as I would love to see him more, it's stressful when he's working and I'm trying to do my stuff/work and we distract or annoy each other. Day 2 or 3 now and it hasn't been so bad, but it's still an adjustment and I worry about all this in the long term. Oh and I haven't been going outside myself because of my weaker immune system (although I'm not sure if I'm all that weak), but hubby has taken it upon himself to do errands. I'm afraid I will go crazy in the house after too long though. And I'm a little worried that he could possibly be a carrier and not even realize it. But I'm holding onto faith too. That all being said, he wants to get a haircut before they close the shops. This kinda frankly ticks me off, because I want or even need a cut too and he doesn't want me going out and I get that, but I don't want him going out either, but he's gonna do what he's gonna do. Sigh! Anyway, the point of all this rant is that it is affecting us all and it does suck for us all and I can understand you possibly not being in "good form"...I'm more stressed lately and less available myself too, but I am "here" for you and everyone and genuinely wish this all passes quickly and with as least amount of damage as possible. So sending all my best to you! Do take care of yourself! <3

E

EstherRose94

I saw this title as I was logging out last night...but I was so very tired. I've been wondering about you lately actually as I haven't seen you on as much, and I'm sorry to hear you're not very well right now...although it sounds like you were in better spirits later in this post/the morning. I am upset about this whole ordeal too, so I try to avoid as much news about it as possible. Obviously though, we have to be aware to be cautious and safe. And now this isolation is affecting me too. My hubby is working from home, which as much as I would love to see him more, it's stressful when he's working and I'm trying to do my stuff/work and we distract or annoy each other. Day 2 or 3 now and it hasn't been so bad, but it's still an adjustment and I worry about all this in the long term. Oh and I haven't been going outside myself because of my weaker immune system (although I'm not sure if I'm all that weak), but hubby has taken it upon himself to do errands. I'm afraid I will go crazy in the house after too long though. And I'm a little worried that he could possibly be a carrier and not even realize it. But I'm holding onto faith too. That all being said, he wants to get a haircut before they close the shops. This kinda frankly ticks me off, because I want or even need a cut too and he doesn't want me going out and I get that, but I don't want him going out either, but he's gonna do what he's gonna do. Sigh! Anyway, the point of all this rant is that it is affecting us all and it does suck for us all and I can understand you possibly not being in "good form"...I'm more stressed lately and less available myself too, but I am "here" for you and everyone and genuinely wish this all passes quickly and with as least amount of damage as possible. So sending all my best to you! Do take care of yourself! <3
My immediate thought was to have your husband cut your hair lol. But unless he’s randomly talented probably don’t do that haha. I’m sure he’s just trying to protect you which is still quite sweet even though I’m sure you’re getting antsy. I am!

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

My immediate thought was to have your husband cut your hair lol. But unless he’s randomly talented probably don’t do that haha. I’m sure he’s just trying to protect you which is still quite sweet even though I’m sure you’re getting antsy. I am!
ha! yeah that'd be about as funny as if I tried to do it! Although, knowing him, he'd probably be perfect the first time. (beginner's luck). hmm lol But I'm mad because HE still wants to go out for his hair and if he was really protecting me, he'd avoid it all together. Just my thinking. so I'm a little upset for that reason. Still, this was a good thought by you! Made me laugh! :)

Z

Zoe1

its my turn to lose it again,
struggling to see the point

my Alanon meeting was online
it was pretty good, but missing the hugs and hand holding
I feel like I'm shrivelling up or something

like the life has gone out of me

I'm complying with restrictions
although that is different from consent
I know that complying is necessary

im not going to hurt myself
but I wish I wansnt here

:grouphug:

Z

Zoe1

thankyou Worriedyin

that was a lovely thing to say
it really helped

:hug:

M

MoonShade

I hope you feel better soon. I am also struggling with not knowing what to do. *hugs*

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zackthemaniac Self Help and Mental Health 3