• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm not sure where to post

B

Braveheart

I have fallen in love before and it's been thrashed,torn,heart broken,torn to pieces
I've just met a man whom I do like and he tells me he's in love with me
Yet I can't feel anything,no joy,anger,nothing
I'm so numb emotionally that I don't know if I can love a man again,fall in love
It does nothing for me. I feel nothing just emptiness
Thanks for listening

jetgirl

jetgirl

Sorry to hear that. I feel less and less as time goes on, just anger and sadness is mostly all I feel these days.

Crazyswede

Crazyswede

Love means different things to different people. Love yourself first, it’s not greedy or narcissistic to do so, feel your own worth. Recovering from unfortunate past experiences takes time. Don’t change yourself for anyone.

B

Braveheart

Love means different things to different people. Love yourself first, it’s not greedy or narcissistic to do so, feel your own worth. Recovering from unfortunate past experiences takes time. Don’t change yourself for anyone.
That's such a good point as I used to do my level best to try and change so to be loved. When the right person comes it will be worth it and I've learnt that I won't need to change to please. They should love me as I am
Thanks

bpd2020

bpd2020

Maybe it is too soon for you to be with somebody? You sound like you have been through such a lot. Maybe you need time for yourself and to heal?

Crazyswede

Crazyswede

That's such a good point as I used to do my level best to try and change so to be loved. When the right person comes it will be worth it and I've learnt that I won't need to change to please. They should love me as I am
Thanks
believe me, it’s a learning curve for me too, but so true!

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

Love yourself first! You deserve all the nurture and care. And the right person will come along.

Last edited by a moderator: