I'm not sure what is going on with me.

G

goldphishee

I have a history of depression, and was on zoloft for like two month. I have some memory problems and couldn't remember to take my meds so I stopped. Lately, I have been getting so anxious about nothing, and feel like something is sitting on my chest. Also, last night, I became so paranoid that I had to get out of my bed, turn on all of my lights, tv, everything. I have no idea what I was so afraid of but I was so scared that it carried over to today. I'm fine now, but I've never had that happen before. Does it have something to do with my depression or something else? There is a history of schizophrenia in my family. Also anxiety disorders and depression.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
I have a history of depression, and was on zoloft for like two month. I have some memory problems and couldn't remember to take my meds so I stopped. Lately, I have been getting so anxious about nothing, and feel like something is sitting on my chest. Also, last night, I became so paranoid that I had to get out of my bed, turn on all of my lights, tv, everything. I have no idea what I was so afraid of but I was so scared that it carried over to today. I'm fine now, but I've never had that happen before. Does it have something to do with my depression or something else? There is a history of schizophrenia in my family. Also anxiety disorders and depression.
Hi gold. Welcome to the site, not many on at this time. Luckily you feel ok at the mo. Pop back in tomorrow when more people are around, and I'm sure someone with more knowledge will have answered. :)

Have a nosy around the site and see if anything looks familiar. :)

M:)

maxitab

maxitab

Hello gold and :welcome: to the forum.

Sounds like a combined depression/anxiety thing to me - which can be really horrible. You say you were on meds but stopped. Maybe it might be good to consider another approach. You can take St John's Wort tabs ( herbal) if you are not on any other meds. I use it and it does help, and the side effects are minimal ( you have to watch out for strong sunlight).
It may be a good idea to go back to your GP and ask to be referred to the Depression and Anxiety service (DAS) for some therapy, which can be of assistance in this case too.
Anyway, keep posting and sharing, there are lots of us ready to give support......

G

goldphishee

Thank you very much Max!
I stopped taking my meds back in like late november. I was in therapy for a little bit, but I didn't feel like it was help me out any.
My biggest fear with this is that it might be something much worse then just depression.
Besides St. John's Wort, what else could possibly help?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya

Depression is a funny thing. It can cause symptoms which are similar to psychosis, but are not that. When really depressed the mind tries to protect it self and make patterns to explain all the sensations. I agree with maxi, it sounds to me like very anxious depression. That is not to ne sniffed at, it is a horrible place to be, andcan make you exhausted but unable to sleep. Lack of sleep is so severe, it can cause a whole host of problems. Remember, lack of sleep is used as a torture in some countries, and the reason for that is that it is the cause of so many reactions. so your biggest aim now is to get enough sleep so you can then think more rationally. I wouldn't give up on meds, but that is your decision. xx

G

goldphishee

Calypso, thank you very much. I usually sleep as much as I can, but I have a 10 month old son, who is against sleep. On average I get like 8 hours a day. Including naps. I didn't want to give up on the meds, but I felt like I was doing more damage to myself by not taking them for a few days and starting up again, and I didn't want anymore problems then I already had. Is there anything I could do at home to ease my anxiety? I know I can live with the depression, it not severe, it's just like nagging. I don't remember being any other way, so it certainly not a problem. But I HATE being so anxious all the time. Ever since I moved to a new school (six months pregnant mind you) I feel like I've turned into a nervous wreck. I know when I'm being irrational, so I try to calm myself down, but nothing ever seems to work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Psychosis Forum 15