Im not sure if this is ocd... Help would be very much appreciated!

K

Katiekat

Hey. Im new here. Ive struggled with some mental health issues in the past and im currently taking a low maintenance dose of prozac and latuda. Generally ive been very well except for this one thing...
About every two weeks.. Sometimes three... And always in the evening between 7 and 8 pm ill start to get this weird unshakable feeling which inevitably leads to my thoughts kind of "taking over"... I constantly repeat the same phrases in my head and get obsessed about the shapes of letters and numbers... My mind tells me that there are patterns... I feel myself helpless to get my mind out of this place. It tends to keep me up until dawn too. Typically during these restless obsessive nights my body starts to feel really weak and shaky. I can very clearly tell that something is wrong.
Ive found coping mechanisms over the last year and ive been trying mindfulness meditations routinely over the past two months or so.. It seems to help.. Not much but maybe a little. Its certainly not a cure however.
Once the night itself is over the obsessive circular thoughts can something persist during the next day but i tend to go on about my business anyways.
Its just peculiar to me that it seems to happen.. Lets say.. Every two weeks luke clockworks... Ive never experienced anything like this before this year. It started around winter 2018. Its like a sink pit that i just cant get out of and sometimes it can make me vomit.

Does anyone maybe have any idea what this could be or any way to prevent it or cope better?

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Dear Kitiekat, I'm so sorry to hear of this vicious cycle. I have no intelligent or useful information for you but a conversation with a doctor might help reveal something. I am sending you hugs. :hug5::loveshower: and love.

antimatterTek

antimatterTek

I sleep well 2 out of 3 nights.

Often on the nights I can't sleep, I find myself in what I call "Dream Loop". I will wake up thinking and kind of still in the dream I was having. I try to change my mind onto something else, then drift off into a non-restive sleep. I go back into the dream I was having before and stay in that for awhile. It happens several times before I have to go downstairs to the couch and watch tv on a low volume until I can get some sort of rest.