• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I'm Not new to Mental Illness however I am new to these forums!

L

limichelle32

Hello all,

When I was Twenty I was diagnosed with Schizoid-Effective Disorder. Although my Mom thinks I had it when I was before the age of 11. I dealt with it on my own for about Nine years! When I was twenty I was hospitalized and confirmed and the medications saved my life!
I have a Boyfriend (it's complicated) We have been together for Ten Years he also has Schizoid-Effective Disorder. We met at the Local Community College Library back in October 2004. We called it God's Dating Service because what are the chances we would find somebody who shared the same illness?

Well seven years of bliss and then he had a major break-down and now has Relationship OCD.

While I'm stable and he is not I joined these forums for guidance.

I love him, he is my soul-mate. It's just hard when all of his Relationship OCD manifests around me and him thinking things such as "Lone wolf' mentality or "Can't handle the Relationship."

I really need support during this time I should have reached out sooner about three years earlier when he first fell ill and had this problem. I try to be understanding but at the same time I'm angry and take it personally.

He is coming off of Clozapine a major drug he has been on for 19 years with the help of a good Psychiatrist. He is hopeful the medications will work.

It's a gradual process and he should be off Clozapine in April then once it's fully out of his system go up higher on an antipsychotic he is now replacing it with and a new anti-depressant. Also he is getting counseling for the Relationship OCD.

So he is trying his best and is doing this for us!!

Does anybody have Relationship Ocd or know what it entails?

Any insight would be wonderful!

THANK YOU,
Michelle

R

Rose19602

Hi Michelle,
a big :welcome: to the forum....I'm very pleased that you found us, as we are a large, friendly forum with a very diverse range of members.

Your situation sounds very, very difficult and your own welfare figures in this situation too....which you barely mention! Look after yourself too eh? We will happily support you through this.

I'm so pleased that you have found each other and are so understanding of each other's conditions. You're right - it's worth working through if you can.....but it is hard to support someone when you are unwell yourself, however stable. The more I see of mental health the more I realise that we all help each other more than anyone else though....so let us help you if we can.

I haven't personally heard of Relationship OCD but you could try our OCD forum or I guess you could google it and see what comes up and then talk to other people on here with OCD. It's quite possible that other sufferers will have experienced something similar, but never have had it labelled in that way!

How does it manifest itself in your boyfriend's case?

Keep posting to us.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi,

I'm sorry that I can't offer any personal advice regarding your issues but I just want to second what MissKitty says above and to welcome you to the forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here and hopefully there will be others who have experienced what you're going through :hug1:

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
L

limichelle32

Thank you all for the kind welcome!!

I had a good talk with him and I will do some more research on it. We decided to meet up again on my 33rd Birthday in July so he can work on himself and I can work on myself. We talk on the phone every-day.

Thanks again,
Lisa

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome to the forums

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M I'm new here.I don't have any mental illness. Introduce Yourself 8
S Traveling with Mental Illness: Day to Day Inside Look Introduce Yourself 8
S Hereditary mental illness Introduce Yourself 3
L Why is The World unable to Comprehend Us who suffer w/ Mental Illness? Introduce Yourself 6
P Does this sound like any mental illness? Introduce Yourself 5
T Just starting to take my mental illness seriously Introduce Yourself 4
Murasakibee Hello, seeking help for mental illness Introduce Yourself 15
TrapRage616 Living with this mental illness is a nightmarish hell Introduce Yourself 4
M Only steps away from completion of successful treatment for Mental illness Introduce Yourself 6
B Hi, I'm new here and I need others to connect with and need advice on how to deal with mental illness Introduce Yourself 11
G New to the forum struggle with mental illness Introduce Yourself 4
D No stranger to mental illness Introduce Yourself 7
R New here (but not to mental illness) Introduce Yourself 4
O Hi everyone Ive struggled with mental illness for a while Introduce Yourself 3
H LIVING WITH a Mental Illness and a Felony Introduce Yourself 8
Onajourney29 Going With The Mental Illness Ebb & Flow... Introduce Yourself 4
1 mental illness is new to me Introduce Yourself 6
S Question about a mental illness Introduce Yourself 15
C Hi I'm new to this been diagnosed,with borderline personality disorder,is a lot to cope with.is it a common mental illness,looking for answers to cope Introduce Yourself 7
M Mental illness veteran with dissociative symptoms Introduce Yourself 2
Advocate BP, Living with mental illness - The Road Less Traveled Introduce Yourself 2
B Trying to avert a mental health crisis… Introduce Yourself 11
A Love and light to everyone trying their best everyday to overcome their mental challenges. I'm new here and I hope this will be my favorite new place Introduce Yourself 8
K Mother's mental health 2 year journey Introduce Yourself 12
M A versatile half-crazy-semisane jobless personality with constantly alternating mental illnesses having encompassed almost all psychiatry Introduce Yourself 5
Ms Individual Hello friends. I have a few mental health battles. Introduce Yourself 5
M Long term chronic mixed mental health Introduce Yourself 12
P I'm having a complete mental breakdown Introduce Yourself 26
C Partner has mental health issues. Introduce Yourself 17
767s0 Here after a major mental breakdown.... Introduce Yourself 9
T I'm an author and I have mental disorders ... Introduce Yourself 8
J Hello just joined mental health forum. Introduce Yourself 12
E Trying to get the NHS Mental Health Services emergency funding Introduce Yourself 1
L Impact of gender on mental health Introduce Yourself 58
K Hello one and all! Looking forward to being part of this community as a long term sufferer of depression and retired mental health nurse. Introduce Yourself 11
J I Believe in Mental Health Introduce Yourself 5
J Hey, I need help my mental health ATM is affecting my life Introduce Yourself 11
M My Mental Health Introduce Yourself 5
2 uhhhhh ive got quite the cocktail of mental illnesses hello everybody Introduce Yourself 5
A Help! My mental health is the lowest it's been. Introduce Yourself 7
G Mental Health Law: The M'Naghten rules and the CRPD Introduce Yourself 2
F Hello! Im new here i have many mental problems like anxiety and fatigued all time. Any other? Introduce Yourself 5
V Hi there I'm Vernon with lots of mental health problems Introduce Yourself 6
D thank you Mental Health Forum for accepting my membership Introduce Yourself 16
L Hi guys , it is not nice having mental health problems Introduce Yourself 1
S Spirituality for mental health Introduce Yourself 4
C Hello. Im here to learn how to help, understand, and not give up on my fiancee. She has mental illnesses. Introduce Yourself 4
D I think i'm in serious denial about my mental health Introduce Yourself 2
Jam1990 Just your average guy with heavy mental baggage Introduce Yourself 4
dreampop82 New here at the mental health forum Introduce Yourself 3