I'm new to forums... not to depression

S

ShortGame

Hey everyone!
I'm new to forums entirely and have been skimming through them through Google searches for about a year now. I finally got the courage to join one. This is my last attempt to manage my dysthymia and anxiety before going back on those ssri's and benzos that made me feel like an emotionless zombie. In addition to sharing my own feelings, I'm also here to listen and encourage others on their own journeys. Looking forward to meeting new people and sharing thoughts.
ShortGame

Last edited:
A

Ankit1605

Hey i wanna know more about your dysthymia situation.. I think i have the same.. Can you please share.

S

ShortGame

Hello Ankit1605,
Thanks for responding. I hope this helps...
I feel lethargic, hopeless, and just basically beaten down every day. I have no energy and can barely get myself out of bed in the morning. I don't really feel all that sad, just exhausted, helpless, hopeless, and alone. I have no motivation or ability to concentrate no matter how hard i try. My nemory sucks. I don't want to do the things that have always made me happy because i no longer have interest in them. I can't stand interacting with others. There is something missing in my life and i just can't figure it out. But i manage to get myself together and get through each day. What's strange is i landed my dream job 6 months ago, have great friends (who are slowly drifting away), and an amazing family. Nothing traumatizing has ever happened to me and i feel guilty for having these feelings. I'm sure my family would be surprised to hear me say it because it doesn't outwardly show. Other than the fact i have lost weight due to my disinterest in food. My entire existence feels hopeless and i can't convince myself otherwise. I do not really care about anything at all and no matter how much i know i should care, it just doesn't seem worth the effort. I stopped with the anti depressants about 3 years ago and this foggy feeling has slowly crept back in. And, the prozac (while slightly helpful with the depression) made me emotionless. Don't get me wrong, I am great at pretending to be fine but it's getting old. I was hoping someone else could explain some of the methods they use to cope with these feelings. What are your symptoms and how do you cope?
ShortGame

A

Ankit1605

Hello Ankit1605,
Thanks for responding. I hope this helps...
I feel lethargic, hopeless, and just basically beaten down every day. I have no energy and can barely get myself out of bed in the morning. I don't really feel all that sad, just exhausted, helpless, hopeless, and alone. I have no motivation or ability to concentrate no matter how hard i try. My nemory sucks. I don't want to do the things that have always made me happy because i no longer have interest in them. I can't stand interacting with others. There is something missing in my life and i just can't figure it out. But i manage to get myself together and get through each day. What's strange is i landed my dream job 6 months ago, have great friends (who are slowly drifting away), and an amazing family. Nothing traumatizing has ever happened to me and i feel guilty for having these feelings. I'm sure my family would be surprised to hear me say it because it doesn't outwardly show. Other than the fact i have lost weight due to my disinterest in food. My entire existence feels hopeless and i can't convince myself otherwise. I do not really care about anything at all and no matter how much i know i should care, it just doesn't seem worth the effort. I stopped with the anti depressants about 3 years ago and this foggy feeling has slowly crept back in. And, the prozac (while slightly helpful with the depression) made me emotionless. Don't get me wrong, I am great at pretending to be fine but it's getting old. I was hoping someone else could explain some of the methods they use to cope with these feelings. What are your symptoms and how do you cope?
ShortGame
Well for me i dont have all the symptoms like you do.. I would say that I am kind of feeling empty inside..It is very difficult to discribe that feeling..Nothing is exciting for me..fpr example..buying a new car may be exciting for some but for me its just a car and like guys may feel attracted towards a girl but for me no feelings..There are many incidents like this where the other guy with me feels good or excited whereas me i dont feel anything.. And for the record i dont use antidepressants or anything like that...nor do i go to any therapy classes..I am just trying to find out what's wrong with me.

C

calamityjen

Welcome to the forum Ankit1605 and ShortGame :welcome:

I hope you find support and space to talk here.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
You should find it friendly and supportive here
Hugs
Fox

S

ShortGame

Hello and thanks everyone! Ankit1605 maybe you should talk to a counselor. It helped me more talking it out with someone than the ADs ever did. I'm not saying you need medication but talking really helps. I hope you can find peace.
ShortGame