• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

im new here.

*vics*

*vics*

hello people, im new here, just wanting some support, as yes, i do hear vocies, as ive schzioaffective disorder, im currently on an addmission to hospital, but on home leave at presant.

vocies are v bad at the moment, telling me to do all sorts, calling me names, having conversations about me as though i dont exist. Shouting at me and at one another. hear both male and female and some that all i can describe as sounding like robotic voices..hearing the (devilman) thats what he calls himself..and other that arent very pleasent..

so yeah im here to give my support to others, aswell as people lending their support to me.

thanks

xoxox

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Hi vics, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support, we're a lovely bunch!!:D Most of the time:p

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hi,
:welcome: to the forum and I hope you enjoy it here

Take care

Intel

S

spuntree

Hi, welcome :)

I have not long joined but this place has been great fot support.

Sorry to hear your in hospital, I got out a week ago today so understand what your going through.

Hope you ge well soon

W

whiteeagle

Hi Vics,

The voices always do and say things like that. The ones I heard sometimes sounded electronically modified and mad all sorts of claims about who or what they were and tried to convince me of all sorts of things about myself. It's all rubbish.

I haven't heard them for a few years but I've just changed things back to reproduce the conditions where I heard them a few years ago.

The voices have just started coming back. I say in my mind 'I don't accept that', 'tell me something useful' and repeat if they try some other tactic. So far this seems to work. They either give up quickly or really do tell me something that might be useful. If I think something might be useful I just think 'leave it with me' and then they stop.

I'm not saying this technique will necessarily work for you, but its an option.

So far this process one way or another has revealed certain methods for reducing or eliminating voices which seem to work for me. These include walking in nature, singing loudly, stomping on and laying on the ground outside for a little while, having a shower, eating strawberries (maybe any red fruit or berries), singing loudly. Just playing music on a personal cd or whatever tends to drown them out anyway. All of these methods seem to be associated with replacing absence of auditory input or formless background sound with formed and ordered sound, loosening and earthing energy (perhaps electomagnetic energy) or having a more pleasant surrounding environment, being physically active.

D

Devon

Hi Vic,

Welcome to the forums, I hope you find some support here.

Being a voice hearer myself I know how distressing they can be.