• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I'm new here.

H

Hanbear92

Hi I'm new here.

I'm 22 years old and suffer with manic depression. I don't really have anyone to turn to and have been waiting for support from the mental health team for months now but clearly, I'm not important.

I suffer with self harm and have previously been in hospital due to an attempted suicide. I don't know how to handle these feelings. These feelings of hate, anger, self loathing. How do I control this?!

My mother is an alcoholic and my Nan - who was like my mother, passed away 8 years ago, something which I have never recovered from. My mum is vile and vicious, always telling me I was a mistake, I'm not as intelligent as my sisters and I am the underdog of the family. I have low self esteem as it is, so you may be able to understand the toll that this rejection takes on me, even more so when I have always craved her attention and love.

I have zero friends and my boyfriend has just left me because my depression is too much to handle.

Just needed to get this of my chest, if anyone would like to talk to me, I'd really appreciate it.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey Han and :welcome: to the forum.

Rejection is really crap isn't it, especially being told you were a mistake and then being made to feel you aren't as worthy as siblings.

With controlling your thoughts and urges, it's hard, so blooming hard. Sometimes there are deep, hidden triggers which can bring up all those feelings, sometimes you have no idea.

I'm sorry that you feel you have no one to talk to.

After you went to hospital did you get any follow up support?

Marliee x

C

cherbear

Hi Hunny you could be describing me seven years ago ! I Except I have Severe depression and anxiety . I feel for you i'm sorry you are going through this . Things have changed a bit since then on the after care side I had hypnotherapy sessions back then after coming out of hospital . It would be worth going to your GP if you are still waiting for after care as there should be some form of follow up . I was given a meditation excersize for when my thoughts became too much as a coping technique . Easier said than done at times like now I sympathise it's a hard road to travel I know how you feel . Big hugs xxxx

Last edited:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to hear about your Mum - it's no wonder you feel rubbish when you're having to listen to her be so cruel towards you. :hug1:

Are you still waiting for a referral to the mental health team to go through, then?
If I were you, i'd be tempted to visit your GP and tell them you're struggling - they might be able to chase things up and see why things are taking so long.

I hope that you post more on this forum. It really helps me a lot, and we have lots of lovely people here. x

S

stella

welcome to the forum! If you need to talk here is the place :)

may I ask you a question? Have you tried/thought to live far from your mom? I know you'll probably need economic support but maybe you could focus on starting a new life since your mother is doing no good to you :( I'm sorry the mental health workers are ignoring you, I hope they'll provide you assistance soon :(((( feel free to pm me anytime of you want, I'm your age and diagnosed with depression so if you want to talk I'm here if you want

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
D

DannyBoysGrace

I'm new here too. Joined today.

I don't know if this is helpful to you but I would also advice that you try to move away from. You could apply for jobs in different areas and move to one of them.
Sure, it would be difficult at first but surely not as difficult as living around a mother who doesn't deserve you.
You could research about the different mental health centres in the area.
I think that starting afresh would be great for you.

PM me anytime..I'm 19 with depression so I can try to be a friend for you. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lola25 Self Harm Forum 3
Kats Self Harm Forum 15
whiteflags330 Self Harm Forum 4
D Self Harm Forum 4
F Self Harm Forum 31