I'm new here so don't shout at me...

M

ms bojangles

if I speak out of turn. I mean, I like your jokey heading with all the laid back guys, but what's that purple tubular bug-eyed thing? A psychiatrist???:p

I'm 58 and started to hear voices when I was 7. Actually I grew up thinking everyone heard voices, but had to start admitting I was pretty strange. Ummm, well, I could go on joking but as everyone will know, it hasn't really been funny. I was very lucky to discover an awkward streak in my makeup and although it p***ed off the system no end, I managed to refuse hospital and heavy tranks. I live alone these days and do my own thing; the last time I contacted services was in 2006, and they sent the police out, and I nearly got sectioned ... fun, that!

Since then I've stuck to such as 'Mind', and there is a brilliant Mind helpline in my area (W Yorks) which is my main contact now.

After being prescribed just about everything you can think of since the late 60s, I mistrust psychiatric medication (the last lot was valium, 4 years without review.) I'm now exploring alternative (NOT herbal) possibilities but that's another story ... will post a thread on that when I've found my way about a bit.

Well, enough from me, I think. Hello to all my fellow-sufferers, hope to chat more soon!

maxitab

maxitab

Hi bolangles and welcome to the forum. You seem to have an interesting life....I look forward to hearing more......:welcome:

M

ms bojangles

Thanks guys - lol, interesting, been that all right!

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi ms bojangles, welcome to the forums :)

M

ms bojangles

:D Cheers guys!:D

K

KateB

Hello - I'm new too. *waves*

M

ms bojangles

Hi,thanks, guys.

I've gone and put me foot in it already - didn't realise the purple tubular person was a mod! Sorry, Mischief! :)

bulbie

bulbie

I have been wondering for so long what it was...

N

needing answers

hi Bojangles

Looking forward to reading your thread you do sound very interesting......im new here to...

Javed12

Javed12

Hi, I`m over here :clap:

Good to meet you.

P

PrettyInPink

Welcome, i'm new too

Take Care