• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Im New But Im Falling Apart

C

chloe

i was diagnosed with depresion 2 days ago, i have suffered in silence for years. things are really bad though and im not coping at all, my relationship with my partner has just ended after 4 years and im in peices, i have been prescribed sertraline 50mg and have an appointment to see a councilor in 2 weeks, i also have to go back to see my dr in 2 weeks but i just dont think i can hang on until then, i dont know what to do, i feel so sick and havent stopped crying all week

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
sorry to hear that you feel so bad. You could ring your GP up on Monday and tell him/her that you feel a lot worse. Hopefully the anti depressants will help though they can take a few weeks so start working.
Take care and welcome to the forum.
KP

LB05

LB05

Hi,
I think like KP you should just ring the doctor and make another appointment, that way they can give you a another support network to help you through untill the appointment. I felt exactly the same when i was first diagnosed, but just talking to someone and bringing things forward yourself can make a huge difference.

Good luck and just try and hang on.

xx

S

squashedfaerie

Hi,
I'm sorry you're feeling so low - do you have any friends or family that understand and can support you? I know you may not feel like making conversation with people, or being sociable, but someone that you could just "be" with?

Try to do things that involve looking after yourself - eating healthy tasty food, a little exercise (even just going for a walk), trying to read a good book (if you can concentrate), listen to nice music etc etc. I don't know I appreciate how hard it is, but hopefully the meds will start to work soon, and seeing your counsellor I'm sure will help.

As the others have said, hang in there, things WILL get better, however impossible things seem now.

Take care. XXX :hug:

W

wobble_head

hi

Welcome.

I am new here too. You have made a good step joining, as many people on here will understand where you are coming from.

One thing I found useful was to email the Samaritans. They are completely anonamous. I always thought of the samaritans with some stigma, i thought they were for only contacting when things are do or die. They are not.

They will read your email and offer support. I found by simply telling them my problems and simply writing it down gave me a sense of expression. Almost felt better just by taking the cork out the bottle. Having someone reply to me was lovely, i felt so much better.

I appreciate it may not solve all your problems but talking to someone helped me so much. Do not be afraid to contact them, they are truely an amazing charity. At first, i didn't want to take up their time, i felt bad for contacting them at once seemed minor issues (to me). How wrong was I!. They are there to talk about anything, no matter how big or small.

ATB

WH

D

DELATEXT

sorry to hear you're down. no easy answers to this,
seeing the doctor is a must and hopefully family and friends can listen and support!!

:tea: